Prayers Needed-McElwain Great Grandchild

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Gillespie

Prayers Needed-McElwain Great Grandchild

Post by Gillespie »

The McElwain clan are having a tough go of it with a young grandchild, please read and offer your good intentions. Marie, please post to this and that!

"Please see the email below from my sister Ann Feltner. Her youngest grandchild, Crew, age 1, has leukemia and will be having a bone marrow transplant on October 28 with his father, Kevin, as the donor. Please keep Crew and his parents in your thoughts and prayers as they face this very difficult journey together. Thanks!"

"Dear Family and Friends,

Our sweet baby Crew has begun his journey preparing him for a bone marrow transplant on October 28th. Tomorrow, Wednesday, 10-20, begins the first of 3 days of radiation, twice per day. Then several days of intense chemo infusions, a then a few days of rest before the transplant. His daddy, Kevin, will be Crew’s donor. This will be a long and scary road for Crew and his amazing mommy and daddy.

So many have asked what they can do, and the answer is always “pray”. It is the best thing we can do. Please storm Heaven, over these next several weeks, by lifting up our sweet, precious Crew in prayer. Ask Jesus to heal our baby, and for the protection and intercession of His Blessed Mother, Mary.

I am sharing two beautiful prayers that I believe are very powerful and have been a part of my faith life for many years.

Thank you all for your love, kindness, temporal assistance, and especially your prayers.

SACRED HEART HEALING PRAYER

Sacred Heart of Jesus,

I pray for Your healing touch upon Crew, in body, mind and spirit.

I ask you to remove from his parents any fear or anxiety.

Fill them with the peace that you alone can give.

We place Crew completely in Your hands, Lord Jesus, trusting in your care and love for him.

May his recovery be swift, his strength renewed, and his health restored.

We lift up his affliction into Your hands, Lord; for You are the Divine Healer with Divine Mercy.

Sacred Heart of Jesus,

We trust in You completely.

Amen. 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️

THE MEMORARE

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Love,

Ann Feltner who is honored to be Crew’s Grandma,"
Sailorman Larry

Re: Prayers Needed-McElwain Great Grandchild

Post by Sailorman Larry »

Maureen and I will have Crew and parents in our thoughts and prayers. And while we are at it we will include Jim. A wonderful family.
Larry & Maureen Hansz
Tina Morgan

Post by Tina Morgan »

For the McElwain Family: Lets storm the heavens with a Beaver Island Community prayer service at Holy Cross Church at 9:00 am on October 28, the day Crew and Kevin will have their bone marrow transplant surgeries. The service will include Ann's two beautiful prayers that she believes are very powerful and have been a part of her faith life for many years. Copies will be provided. As we all join in prayer we can include all who are in need of surgery and healing. "For where two or more are gathered in my name, there am I among them." Matthew 18:20
MegSing33

Post by MegSing33 »

We are praying, praying on Beaver Island. Praying for Jim and And and their beautiful family, including Kevin and especially Lord, especially for Crew.
Love and many prayers for the McElwain's.

Great idea Tina Morgan!