Find the Good

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

jacquel

Find the Good

Post by jacquel »

I just read a good book by Heather Lende (author of If you lived here I would know your name). She wrote a book called Find the Good, Praise the Good, Do Good!
So I plan to post some of her Good thoughts periodically. I hope it will inspire you all to Find the Good.

The life you imagine doesn’t just happen while you are daydreaming about it. it requires effort.
jacquel

Re: Find the Good

Post by jacquel »

Keep your eyes on what is important in life and hold onto it tightly with both hands.
Avandyke

Post by Avandyke »

I’ve enjoyed this writer ever since we read one of her books for book club. I go to her website about once a month to catch up on her blog posts. Quite a few parallels between her small town in Alaska and our island. Just search for her name, if interested.
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

The secret to aging more cheerfully is to play like a child.
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Gratitude is at the heart of finding good in this world.
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Isn’t it always the ones who don’t ask for your time and attention who receive it more willingly than those who clamor for it?
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

The world is full of happiness and plenty to go around, if you are only willing to take the kind that comes your way.
Attributed to Jean Webster.
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

Pretty Good is better than Perfect!