Auto mechanic needed on Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

jacquel

Auto mechanic needed on Beaver Island

Post by jacquel »

Since Adam Anderson is leaving the island and Duffy is cutting back. Richie is offering oil changes and tire repair....the island is in desperate need of a year around mechanic! Please pass the word and let’s get one here this fall! Imagine having your car break down in the winter, the ferry isn’t running so you can’t send it across and April is a long way off! This is an essential business we need to have on island year around!

So anyone have any ideas on how to get a mechanic here for the year around folks, please help us out!
Mojave Bob

Re: Auto mechanic needed on Beaver Island

Post by Mojave Bob »

I had not heard that Adam was leaving the island. Last I spoke with him, he was working on locating a new location for his business. I am deeply disappointed in this news! He and his family departing will leave more than one large hole in the fabric of the island!
steveandelaineonbeaver

Re: Auto mechanic needed on Beaver Island

Post by steveandelaineonbeaver »

Adam is a highly skilled automotive technician, well educated and an honest gentleman. He will be hard to replace. Perhaps a group of citizens can meet with him in an attempt to get him to stay. Perhaps some assistance with the necessary investment to build a real 21st century shop. Perhaps this is going on - I hope ???? Best wishes, :D
Steve
Steve and Elaine West
20 Southern Oak Dr
Camden SC 29020