RECIPES NEEDED - BI Cookbook Revival

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kanderson

RECIPES NEEDED - BI Cookbook Revival

Post by kanderson »

RECIPES NEEDED - email yours to cookbeaverisland@gmail.com or send me a message on Facebook by 10/31/2019 with your Island connection. New recipes will be added to the original recipes.

We are also looking for pictures of family picnics, dinners, etc or just a family pic and also any family stories surrounding the kitchen or family meals.

The Historical Society is going to reprint the book below from the '80s. We would like this to be a generational cookbook. Your mother or grandmother may have recipes in the original book, we would like to see it continue on with your favorite recipe. Or a family favorite that has been handed down from generation to generation. The proceeds from the original book were used to rehab the original Print Shop back in the '80s. The proceeds from the new book will go towards the new addition to the Museum.

Lastly, we also need to retype the whole book, so contact Marie Connaghan LaFreniere, Mary Palmer, or myself if you are interested in volunteering.

Thanks,

Kayla Anderson
cookbeaverisland@gmail.com
Kayla Anderson
kanderson

Re: RECIPES NEEDED - BI Cookbook Revival

Post by kanderson »

Bump...Oct 31 deadline
Kayla Anderson
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Thursday is the final day to get recipes to cookbeaverisland@gmail.com . We are asking for no more than two recipes from each person. And yes, men can submit recipes! :D

And a Reminder: We are also looking for pictures of family picnics, dinners, etc or just a family pic and also any family stories surrounding the kitchen or family meals.
Marie LaFreniere

A reminder that the group working on updating the 1980's Beaver Island Cookbook for re-issue by the BIHS is still looking for pictures of island family picnics, dinners, gatherings, or just family photos. In particular, photos of Grace Cole's Killarney Inn would be welcome as well, if any readers of a certain vintage might have such. Many thanks !

The deadline has been extended until next Friday, the 8th. Please get recipes to cookbeaverisland@gmail.com and pictures to lafrenieremarie51@yahoo.com .

(Photo below: Circa 1900, Anthony Malloy in his meat market, with his young helper Hugh Connaghan on the right.)
75380043_1265082050366748_6234798672626843648_n.jpg
75380043_1265082050366748_6234798672626843648_n.jpg (31.38 KiB) Viewed 613 times
Marie LaFreniere

REMINDER: Tomorrow is the deadline for pictures, stories and typed pages of the original cookbook that were sent out. If you can't type the pages you were sent, you need to let me know. Either send me a PM or email me at lafrenieremarie51@yahoo.com . I've only received about half of the typed pages.