Fire- Fox Lake Area

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Bob Sramek

Fire- Fox Lake Area

Post by Bob Sramek »

Does anyone know what is on fire around West Side Drive or Fox Lake?
Bob Sramek

Re: Fire- Fox Lake Area

Post by Bob Sramek »

I just heard that it was Marvelous Marv's place.....sounds like a total loss......
Pam Smith

Post by Pam Smith »

Yes, it was MM's place but we, Pam and Dave Smith, have owned it for over a year. I was there with my daughter and dog. We all out out and were not hurt. No firefighters were hurt.

The firefighters were wonderful, but my hero is CAMERON!! Being a neighbor, he was the first to respond. He insisted we get out of the house and I fought him every step of the way. Ha! (I thought he and I could put the fire out...silly girl) He kept insisting, so we were out and the next thing I knew the front porch was engulfed in flames. I will always believe that Cameron saved our lives, therefore, my hero.

Dave and I appreciate everyone, the firefighters, Fr. Jim, the Turners, Deb Robert, the Emerald hotel.(an appartment for 2 nights). Many, many more. As Father drove us away, I saw many neighbors walking up our driveway. It was wonderful to see everyone concerned. I love Beaver Island.

We did have our home downstate to come to. I think of people who do not have a second home and consider myself blessed.

We will be back!! Have not made solid plans yet as many things need resolved first. But when we know, I will try to remember to post here.

Peace and joy to each of you!

Pam
debrob2

Post by debrob2 »

Pam, Thank you for your kind words. Cameron is a gem, that when he completes his firefighter training, I hope Beaver Island can once again be blessed with his presence!
It takes a village...and we are glad you are a part of ours.