Thanks Bill

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

islandliving

Re: Ken Taylor

Post by islandliving »

Wow Mr Taylor, your posts are so off topic, I have totally forgotten why they started. Your rants make no sense and your personal attacks in people should not be tolerated. Maybe you should relax, have a cup of coffee and take your meds!!
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

VOTE NO ON CONSOLIDATION!!!!
=D> =D> =D>
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Richie,

These post are concerning.

Edited because I spoke to Richie.

Kathe Meade
Last edited by meadefamily on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

=D> =D> =D>

VOTE NO ON CONSOLIDATION!!
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

Whatever the personal issues are and the school ground poking it doesn't matter. Please stop! I am going to stand up and say that even if Ken gets under your skin he certainly has made us think, fix things, and move forward. Sometimes it takes a little nagging to get us to look at things in a different light. It is also a very well known fact that Ken is a very educated and intelligent man that cares about us (Beaver Island) with an unending passion. If he believes in it he pitches in, raises a fuss, and continues to support us (Beaver Island) now and looking to our future. No matter what anyone says! He can brag away and rightfully deserves our thanks and respect whether he is agreed with or not. He is not obligated or required in anyway to support us (Beaver Island) as he does. That is an act of his own choosing. So if anyone does not like what he says please take it with a grain of salt because his heart is really so much bigger, generous, and kinder than he is given credit for.
burton
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Carol

All those things may be true about Ken. Regardless the "school ground antics" are him going on and on. Starting his own forum page??? Really??? Let's call it like it really is.

Just because someone has a big heart it does not give them the right to continually harass. Anyone that truly cares about Ken will look at the bigger picture. Boasting about your net worth on a public forum is foolish and dangerous. Instead of encouraging his behavior you should be counseling him on how to direct his big heart without hurting himself and others.

Playing the poor Ken card doesn't fly...
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

Kathe,

Simply, many would say the exact same thing of you and do. Your heart may be in the right place but your harassment is not.

Ken needs no counseling. He is fully aware of what he is instigating and so are you. For everyones sake start ignoring the urge to point stuff out. We are all well aware of the forum issues.

Carol
burton
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Burtons -
Your post on Ken is right on target.
The reply that follows your post appears to be a cry for help by an obsessive compulsive.
Kirk D. McBride
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Still doesn't fly Carol. Perhaps you should avoid the urge as well. Seems to me a double standard...

You stirred the pot and then accused. You can't have it both ways.

When all else fails Kirk...you start with the name calling.
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Ken

My call to Richie was about much more, and I thought a good one. It is interesting how you re-edit your post often to suit the harassment you are seeking at that moment.

Since you brought up the finances, what I said to Richie was that I was worried about you and the stress you are under. That the tantrums, off the wall behavior and patterns of name calling were getting worse and more vile. Putting a hint of your net worth on a public forum was not wise. Discussing generous gifts to Islanders on a page dedicated to pass a vote was not wise, actually a conflict and starting your own thread was very odd.

People encouraging your behavior is scary and shameful (your favorite word) And I can now see that having any conversation with you on this forum is a form of encouraging so this will be our last conversation.

Throw out there what you will. Continue to name call...accuse and attempt to belittle me and others. At the end of the day Beaver Island will survive.

Kathe
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Kathe -
No name calling in my post, simply an unqualified observation by me and others. Let me add insecure to my obsessive assumption. If I get a reply from you, I rest my case.
Kirk D. McBride
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

I don't believe I have used those words and I did express concern over your behavior which you have admitted you took too far. My concern was sincere.

Glad to see you have gone through and edited many of your post to remove your "taking it too far". I don't believe you would have unless you found merit in my concerns.
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

O Ken...I thought we were done with the bantering. I was sincere. I was thanking you for the edits. Sorry.

Let's get back to consolidation!

Tomorrow is a new day.
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Ken,
I have to tell you going back and reading your posts I am questioning you a little bit, I see you did go back and change them so you don't seem as bad (although I am pretty good at keeping my records of those posts). Carol went on and on about what a nice man you are, to bad you can not try and live up to her expectations because I haven't seen that side of you. Although I did put my name on the list of the 25 for the $1,000 check, assuming it is in the mail :lol: , I can not guarantee it will change the way I vote when I get it though sorry.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Too bad it is happy hour and the Administrator is busy!!! This sort of slander and bullying is uncalled for and should not be allowed. Mr. Taylor, why don't you invest your time and energy in something closer to home and leave the island alone?