Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Since my original post has been taken over and turned into nonsense by a new "no name" EC / Ed I have just responded with posting the forum rules.

If you are interested in the updates on Consolidation there are two websites available to review. Make sure you look for updates, as that will give you more solid facts and not just speculations.

https://wkohls.wixsite.com/consolidationinfo/

https://lefevream.wixsite.com/beaverislandtownship

At the end of the day we are all neighbors and like it or not we have to all live together on a very small island in the middle of a very big lake. If you can't look your neighbor in the eye and say something then you probably should not be saying it on the forum.

If you want to continue to debate or mudsling I would really prefer we do it in person or over the phone. Again, my number is: 517-414-4433. If you can only voice your opinion behind a fake name then personally I have no use for you and your words are toxic.

Below is a great reminder to the forum rules.

See you this summer!

Kathe Meade

Forum Rules: Topics and posts do not necessarily express our views. The point of this forum is to allow everyone to post their thoughts and ideas, talk about Beaver Island and all things related, and have a place to chat with other Beaver Island folks. We do not moderate posts based on whether we agree or disagree with a particular topic.

Everyone is invited and encouraged to post. The rules are:

1.) Please be kind and considerate, and keep the forum constructive.

2.) Please include your name with your post. We value everyone's right to express their views, but in cases where someone else may be negatively impacted by a post or where the lack of a name causes confusion, anonymous posts may be deleted.

3.) Please keep the forum clean and appropriate for any age. Posts which are intended to attack or offend others are not appropriate.
Last edited by meadefamily on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

We have developed a website for all of the information related to the township consolidation ballot proposal in May 2018. The web address is:

https://lefevream.wixsite.com/beaverislandtownship

There is a contact page so you can send questions or comments directly to me.

Angel Welke
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Bump
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Bump
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Bump
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Have any of these questions been answered yet?

John McCafferty
E C

Post by E C »

that is what I mean by being mean and harassing people I think you are smart enough to figure out when there is a answer
My name is Ed Ukasion.
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

When Ken Taylor kept day after day demanding answers from the BIRH that is apparently okay but when John is asking for answers about the consolidation he is harassing, even though the petitioners are the ones that originally posted on the forum.

Hmmm funny how it is okay for certain individuals but others get told they are mean or harassing.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Wkohls

Post by Wkohls »

Hey, EC . . .

Thank you for your post, but I would appreciate clarification.

Unelected petitioners thrust themselves into the Islandâ??s political arena with effectively zero discussion by placing a proposal on the ballot. The election is 49 days from today. They have not yet provided the promised information, nor have they responded to legitimate questions as they promised to do.

The Island community certainly would not accept this from their elected officials, but you will defend their inaction?
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

There shouldnâ??t have been any questions Ed, everything should have been presented to the voters before the proposal got on the ballot. I think you need to re-evaluate on who is being mean?

John McCafferty
E C

Post by E C »

Mean is mean attack attack attack anyone you disagree with to prove your point,
My name is Ed Ukasion.
Wkohls

Do as I say; not as I do!

Post by Wkohls »

EC or Ed or [insert your true name here]

#1 â?? You continue to conceal your identity and, from where I stand, that is disrespectful.

#2 â?? Please review your prior posts to ensure that you are living up to the standard that you would impose on others. (For some unknown reason, I could not access your prior posts.)
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

You win Ed. I guess I am mean, mean , mean, and all I do is attack, attack, attack, see you this summer when you get up on the Island this summer.

John McCafferty
E C

Post by E C »

I do not want to be disrespectful I just think you guys are mean when you disagree with people and keep harassing people like me that is only how I feel so I would not worry about it.
My name is Ed Ukasion.
E C

Post by E C »

if mean and attack do not work threaten = when you get to the island.
My name is Ed Ukasion.