It's A Small World For Beaver Island Music Fest

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

It's A Small World For Beaver Island Music Fest

Post by BI Pirate »

Starting to get cool down here, in the 70s for awhile. Hang in there on BI, spring is coming.
I was at HDHH, Hump Day Happy Hour yesterday, wearing my BI tee shirt and a chap came up to me and asked if I have been to Beaver Island? Da. He's from Ohio and just on a little break down here. He and his friends have been to several Beaver Island Music Fests. He said BI is the best thing going for Michigan and BIMF is the best thing going for BI. Already making plans to come back this summer. He said his friends are now bringing friends. Starting new traditions. They think BI shames Put-In-Bay, getting too commercial.
Just thought I would give BI a shout out for gaining world wide recognition and especially thanks to my good mates Dan and Carol for a fantastic job with BIMF. 8) 8) 8)
Skull&CrossBones
Ron Wojan

Post by Ron Wojan »

Pirate, That was a great post! I think Iâ??m staring o like you. God help me!
Ronald L. Wojan
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

HDHH started at the usual 4ish and goes until whateverish with a break to toast the sunset at 6:30ish, a little too cloudy but that won't dampen any spirits for spirits. At Hump Day Happy Hour today I think I recruited some newbies for this summer's Music Fest with the promise of fantastic music and spectacular sunsets on Donegal Bay.
Headed for Savanah next week for the greatest St. Pat's Day parade anywhere. Second in size only to New York City's but far better and warmer.
I will be thinking of BI's celebration and routing for the Fish Chokers over the Hay Seeders in the tug-o-war. 8) 8) 8)
Skull&CrossBones
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

Thanks BI Pirate for sharing your great story! We appreciate you supporting us all the way down in Florida. Sometimes it is a small world and really fun when you bump into those random people that you have something in common with. The word about how awesome the festival is and what a great time can be had on BI is out. We are planning a stellar year for all of the Beaver Island Music Festival fans so get ready for the best year yet! Gather up a big crew to man your boat back to BI for this one :)
burton
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Always happy to pass the word and pass the coin. Sent you a couple pieces of gold for the Music Fest while on my way south, hope it came through okay. 8) 8) 8)
Skull&CrossBones
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

Your donation bottle floated up in the harbor safe and sound!
burton