BIRHC provider update

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Rural Health Center

BIRHC provider update

Post by BI Rural Health Center »

BIRHC provider update. Because we, unfortunately, lost one of our great Nurse Practitioners, Dr Martin has agreed to have some regular hours at the clinic to see primary care patients. Although he is specialty trained in Orthopedic Surgery he does have significant experience in primary care. Dr Martin has also agreed to take some primary night call until we can find a new Nurse Practioner.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Does Doc Martin work on teeth at all? Just want to make sure he doesn't weasel in on my new dental practice. Is this the same TV Doc Martin with hemophobia, fear of blood? With all the vacancies, you might want to put a HELP WANTED sign out by the road. :P :wink: :P
Skull&CrossBones
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

Thanks for the update. :D
anonymous
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

HC, Thank you for a provider update, a positive sign of reaching out to the public. What is the update and status on the search for a dentist replacement? Please keep up the improved communications.
Pirate, I don't think it is the same Doc Martin. I'm sure he gets that a lot.

DC
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Darby, he does enjoy the show, this much I learned from him and yes, we are very lucky to have Doc Martin on the island!
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Mr. Gillespie, Doc Martin reruns continue to put a smile on my face. I see your Dr. Martin's service to the HC as very positive and a step closer to a full time doctor practicing on the island. PAs and NPs are great but they are not the same as having the option of a local full time physician being on staff.

DC
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

So very sad to hear that we lost Carolyn Space. She truly made the island a better place. Thank you for your help, care and love Carolyn.
Kaylyn Jones