It never ends

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Ken -
Thanks for bringing this to the publics' attention. I think you made it clear but my concern is that a quick and casual read of the minutes would make it appear that the board is in favor of Dr. Grassmick's removal. Or people would think that Welke and E. Martin with their motion and second to pursue legal advise are supporting the removal. I do not think the majority of the board, Welke or E.Martin support the removal of Dr. Grassmick. My opinion but I think it is important for people to know that this seems to be one person's vendetta who has already appeared to be inept and incompetent in dealing with the EMS crisis in the past.
I am confident that the township board will not remove a doctor and life time medical professional from the BIESA over a shallow person's grudge.
Kirk
Bump

Post by Bump »

:arrow:
Bump

Post by Bump »

BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Anyone remember the song, Back in the saddle again, out where a friend is a friend......? Good to see the tag team back again, giddy up you guys. 8) :D :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
conanconnor

Post by conanconnor »

Brad Grassmick is a sensible and knowledgeable participant in matters of importance to our emergency services. Those characteristics make him invaluable. Healthy discourse, even disagreement, as long as all participants have the island's best interest at heart, is a good thing!
King Conan
Hayseeder

Post by Hayseeder »

i have been silent during this whole debacle.(for years because I tried to make a living on the island I was born ! not anymore! I'm outa here !) enough is enough. public service is not about personal gain it is not about personal agendas it is not to be used vindictively ! public service is supposed to be helping your common man." for the better good of all" eye for an eye, do unto others. practice what you preach etc. greed gluttony and egotism has taken over. property taxes/values have pushed people out. nepotism has run rampant. health care is nonexistent. groceries and gasoline are double the cost of the mainland. we now have to buy insurance for anything and everything imaginable. people want to pay 1970 wages. I am worth millions you are worth dirt. last house syndrome is killing more people then gluten ! grants are not free. if you build it they will come ! entitlement is everywhere natural resources are constantly exploited. participation trophies appointing yes men to boards commissions committees and JOBS ! instead of based on merit/qualifications.the only people working are the cool kids. this place is a giant high school . a family can go to Disneyland for the same cost to visit beaver island. internet speed and cell service ? betcha its a lot faster in Chicago ! go back then. I was born here and I am still treated as an outsider. bids on work are awarded to the higher bidder ! monopolies entitlement wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony.so anyway I got 20 acres for sale and a bunch of iron. if your gonna burn my house down let the dog out first please. last person left shut the lights off !!!!!!

GALEN BARTELS 231 448 2523 11/15/17 HAVE A SET AND COME FACE ME IN PERSON !!!!!!! ILL BE ON THE LAST BOAT !!!!!
duffer

Yep

Post by duffer »

Galen you have said a lot of truths some of the old board members gotta go stuck oh wow me, it is disgusting. I think middle school fits for some!
duffy
Bump

Post by Bump »