Laptop Repair

A place to post individual items that are for sale, trade, or free. Posted item must be located on Beaver Island.

Moderator: Gillespie

Pam Smith

Laptop Repair

Post by Pam Smith »

Anyone know of a computer repair person here on the island? Actually, on my laptop, I think the place I put the cord in has gotten a bit off. Maybe a stronger person than I could use a clamp and fix it right up.

Thanks!
pbona

Laptop repair

Post by pbona »

Hi Pam,
I'd be glad to take a look at it. I am at the Community center from 10-12 on Tuesdays. Had to miss last week due to a downstate wedding. Please tell me the make model and year.
Thanks
Pat B.
Pam Smith

Post by Pam Smith »

I could have sworn I sent you the information you asked for. But I will do that in a minute. Maybe I pm you, but I'll see.

I hurt my ankle this weekend and think I should probably not drive into town today, but just take care of things at home (walking dogs) and then rest the ankle. I should be able to make it next week. Just wanted you to know I would not be there. See you next week?
Pam Smith

Post by Pam Smith »

Laptop is a TOSHIBA
Satelite C55D-A5208

The immediate issue is I cannot get the power cord to fit into the Toshiba's outlet. The metal prong in the center of the outlet may be bent. Perhaps it is done for, but I believe it is repairable. There are some other issues, but I have forgotten what those are because I haven't been able to use the laptop.

THANKS!