Forum Rules | FAQ | Memberlist | Private Messages

Main Discussion Forum | Marketplace / Trade Forum 
One more reason life can be difficult on Beaver Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Duffy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:15 am 
Post subject:

It's time to stop all of this nonsense. Dr. White may not have been a favorite to everyone but she did provide a service that some could not afford to go across to receive. In all fairness to her, she provided many services pro bono.

Tracey, most of your comments are posted during the day. Aren't you currently employed by the Medical Center and doing this on their dime, or is posting to the forum part of your job description? And such childish remarks at that.

You all need to stop and move on.

P.S. To Stardust: St. James Township and Port of St. James are two entirely separate entities.
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:06 am 
Post subject:

Welcome to the forum Ms. Duffy!!! Where on the island do you hail from, would you be any relation to Mr. Gillespie's neighbor, from many, many years ago? Unfortunately that Mary Duffy is no longer with us.

As a matter of fact, I am not working at the Med center. The lovely and capable Ann Partridge has accepted the position at the front desk. I think many of the things said and done on this thread are very childish Sad
Mary Duffy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:31 am 
Post subject:

That's my dearly departed great-great aunt who you are referring to. I'm alive and kicking and hail from Arranmore Island.
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:33 pm 
Post subject:

Of course the answer to my last question FOIA. Would FOIA also tell me that the greatness of the lawsuit was the replacement of the St. James Township Board?

John McCafferty
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:11 pm 
Post subject:

Mary Duffy, maybe you could explain how some of theses issues are handled on Arranmore Island. For example incompetent medical and township boards, nasty name calling, extraction of a dentist, relatives are the same board, lawsuits to replace boards, bumps on logs, tax paying citizens funding tax paying citizens to sue there own townships ect.. I'm sure you living on an island also see many of these problems arise. Maybe you could give Beaver Island some advice, island to island, if in fact there may be similarities. Thank you.

John McCafferty
Mary Duffy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:01 pm 
Post subject:

Well now lad, I really can't answer mostof those questions. On Arranmore we don't have a Medical Center or a Dentist. Nor do we have townships. Most name calling and disagreements are handled by having a pint at Early's, Neily's or Phil Ban's.

Slainte!
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:28 pm 
Post subject:

Well thank you Mary Duffy. Unfortunately the person that has done the name calling and criticizing on this thread is to far away to have a pint with. Only if he were could we work out the differences as do all you fine people on Arranmore. Hopefully I can have a pint with ya on me return again someday. Please wish everyone well om Arranmore. There is a young lad there with the name also John McCafferty, a good friend and relative. If you see him mention we chatted and CHEERS!!!

John mcCafferty.
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:44 pm 
Post subject:

What a sweet thing for a nice lady to with to do with obvious Beaver Island relations but not so much similar political difficulties. To step in and try to calm a community in somewhat of an uproar is the greatest act of kindness this thread has seen. And from a homeland to so many of us how "GREAT". I would expect to see many thank you post to Mary Duffy. I will start. THANK YOU MARY DUFFY.

John McCafferty
Darby Campbell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:28 pm 
Post subject:

Mr. McCafferty, Do you also believe in the tooth fairy?

DC
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:58 pm 
Post subject:

Please explain your question Mr. Campbell.
Darby Campbell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:11 pm 
Post subject:

Mr. McCafferty, I have visited Beaver Island for some 17 years but never paid much attention to what is going on up there. I really didn't pay much attention to the BI Forum until lately but now I can't take my eyes off of it. It's the best thing going for the island. It is both informative and entertaining but do you believe that sweet Mary Duffy is following happenings all the way from Ireland?
I've been to Donegal and Arranmore twice and looking forward to going back next summer. Would love to tip a pint with sweet Mary and will buy several rounds for John McCafferty of Arranmore if he can put me in touch with Mary.
Until then, I wouldn't be putting any teeth under your pillow.

DC
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:50 pm 
Post subject:

Mr. Campbell, I read your question correctly. Trying to make me out as some kind of fool just like your post about the evil sister comment that you tried to back out of. I have also been to Donegal and Arranmore and do also plan on returning some day. And for your information there is a John McCafferty that lives on Arranmore in which I have meet when I was there. A very nice gentleman, married, father of and a builder by trade. So maybe you can have a pint with him if you can get your foot out of your mouth by then. I do not know for sure if there is a Mary Duffy there but you seem somewhat educated on the place so I would have to believe you on that one. My address is 27890 Barney's Lake Rd. My phone number is 231-448-2639. We seem to be in a position to have to have a pint together. And upon your brilliant suggestion I won't put any teeth under my pillow.

John McCafferty
Darby Campbell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 pm 
Post subject:

Mr. McCafferty, Sorry you question my integrity. First and foremost you are on for a pint or more together next summer. We always plan our time around the 4th of July. You pick the day, time and location for the 3rd, 4th or 5th and I'll be there on my tab. I don't question that there is a John McCafferty on Arranmore, I question if there is a Mary Duffy and hope that John can put me in touch with her for next August. Until we can confirm Mary, keep flossing.
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:23 pm 
Post subject:

I am so disappointed. No thank you messages to Mary Duffy. Just me. We need to be more compassionate on this Island Sad
K.A. Pike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:09 pm 
Post subject:

WOW, this thread went to hell in a handbasket. It went from an interesting read to some downright scary dialog. There are some really, really angry people on this thread and some of them need to take a chill pill. Who am I to judge, I don't have a dog in the race? I'm just someone who likes surf around and check back on the forum once and awhile. I see that most of the regular actors have chimed in, but some of the regulars have said some downright scary things.

Miss Kendra has really amped it up, although she has continued the role of family defender, with this thread we've seen a twist of anger not seen before. The McCafferty family will need a years worth of building permits to rebuild the relationships and bridges that they have burned. At least a couple of new ghost members have registered. It's always fun to read their post as they throw in a twist or two to the ruffle the feathers of those leaning over the edge of the nest.

I must say, I've gained a renewed appreciation for Ken Taylor. I haven't always agreed with him, but one thing is very clear about Ken Taylor, what's right is right and what's wrong needs to be corrected and those responsible held accountable. If we were picking teams on the playground, I'd pick Ken first. I've never met him and I wouldn't know him if I walked past him on the sidewalk, but anyone who is so driven by his convictions that he is willing to be spit at, verbally bullied and still stays in the game until the final buzzer is my kind of guy.

Best of luck with healing the island after this round.

K.A. P<><
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: