Forum Rules | FAQ | Memberlist | Private Messages

Main Discussion Forum | Marketplace / Trade Forum 
One more reason life can be difficult on Beaver Island
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
islandliving

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:48 am 
Post subject:

Mr Gillespie, as the admin, you deleted my ad, I put on the forum, and you never responded to my pm. So it is free to be on here, but watch out, if the powers that be don't like what you are doing....it will be deleted.

Kudos to Mr Taylor for footing the bills for a losing lawsuit...will he be paying the restitution as well? And hopefully he is helping out with the bill stacking up from the ongoing criminal investigation....

I am sure you will all correct me if I am wrong, but you and Mr Taylor can have your opinions, why can't everyone else?

Tracey
Gillespie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:03 am 
Post subject:

"Mr Gillespie, as the admin, you deleted my ad, I put on the forum, and you never responded to my pm. So it is free to be on here, but watch out, if the powers that be don't like what you are doing....it will be deleted." (You have, more than once, posted where it is suggested not, that is why it was deleted, everyone is advised to use the marketplace for sales. By the way, I started this forum, you probably should keep that in mind as well, it is not public but open to same. The chamber has one you can use if you like.)

"Kudos to Mr Taylor for footing the bills for a losing lawsuit...will he be paying the restitution as well? And hopefully he is helping out with the bill stacking up from the ongoing criminal investigation...." (it was anything but a loss, the board changed and certain people paid for their sins, I guess you can't see it that way but that's you "opinion." There is no ongoing investigation, that was all inferred by someones unethical counsel.)

"I am sure you will all correct me if I am wrong, but you and Mr Taylor can have your opinions, why can't everyone else?" (The only correction you need is to understand you tread in unfamiliar waters and are being used but that is common for someone new to the island.)
ktaylor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 am 
Post subject:

Tracey: You really don't know what your are talking about and might find yourself in a peck of trouble. There is NO ongoing criminal investigation and if you persist in saying there is please set aside the $50,000 it will cost for you to defend your statements. Richie can't call it a losing lawsuit as he made his point with the Township at no cost to him. A friend is a friend and I will help him and other friends out when they feel they had been wronged. (eg the Dentist). I felt bad when the lawyer included the township in the lawsuit as it was like suing myself as a taxpayer. Secondly WHAT RESTITUTION. Where are you getting your false info. It is OVER! and has been for some months. This has nothing to do with the Health Center so get back on track. I understand your defense of friends, as I would also defend my friends. But stick to the issue.
islandliving

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:18 am 
Post subject:

Hey Richie. If you started the forum why don't you shut it down. Seems like the Island might be a better place without it at this point. All this latest bullshit is a big turn off for Beaver Island in my opinion. As you stated time to stop. Oh and by the way do you think Mr. Taylor might fund my no relatives on the Beaver Boards campaign??

John McCafferty.
islandliving

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:36 am 
Post subject:

Whoa, whoa gentlemen!! Thought we were turning a corner smile lawsuits, criminal investigations, so much intrigue for such a small island! I am sure the truth is out there somewhere...not here, but somewhere. Get outside and enjoy this weather!!!

Tracey
stardust

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:17 pm 
Post subject: Life is

And now someone wants to Consolidate the town townships HAHAHAHA so the Peaine township would get to enjoy(share) the huge debt the port of the st james has.
sbsp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:37 pm 
Post subject:

Stardust -
I will give you a 100% guarantee that if there is a merger of townships, which I support, Peaine Township will not absorb one penny of Port of St. James debt if any. Township merger is important but not a subject of this thread.

Last edited by sbsp on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:14 am; edited 2 times in total
islandliving

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:14 pm 
Post subject:

I think the biggest challenge would be coming up with a new name for the new township. What do you think Stardust?

John McCafferty
Kendra Vera Thorson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:09 am 
Post subject:

I have to chuckle a little...Now Richie and Ken are taking credit for the change in Township board members. I do believe if my memory serves me right that you, Mr. Gillespie, ran for the Treasurer position this past election. The results of that election were not in your favor. Majority wins and the majority of St. James Township found you unfit for that position. One particular board member (my father) that CHOSE not to run again was continuously voted into the Treasures position for 40 plus years. What does that say? I'd say he put in his fair share of time. So don't you dare take credit for him no longer being on the board! And you, Ken should be awfully proud of yourself that your monetary contributions to Richie enabled him to cost the township an enormous amount of money for a bogus lawsuit that obviously lacked any merritt from a legal standpoint. Because YES Richie you did lose that lawsuit. I was sitting in the very same court room as you and heard with my own two ears the judges ruling. So BRAVO KEN!!!!Anyways getting back to the topic here...Sorry, I got a little side tracked...I have a couple things that I am confused about. First is this thread about the old township board or Ms. White and her dental equipment?? I notice you cant help but mention the Township board continuously, or are you just using the Forum to berate and belittle my father? He has never been on the forum before, probably because he is too busy out making an HONEST living and donating any extra time he has to our island community. Unfortunately he does not have any rich friends to pay his bills. So with that being said I will apologize on his behalf for not doing his part in making the island a better place. I wish he could be as generous with his time and money as you are Ken. I'll be sure to tell him to get his shit together and stop being such a bump on a log. The other thing I'm confused on is why you are so fixated on the issue that Wendy was treated so unfairly? Correct me if I'm wrong (I know you will), but from my understanding I do believe Ms. White Paid $100 per month to rent an entire building space to run her PRIVATE practice. Just to put this into perspective I am a hairdresser and I paid $600 per month to rent a chair. From my personal experience when I've gotten a dental cleaning, cavity filled, etc. It costs substantially more than a haircut. So from an outsider looking in I think the Health Center was giving her a very generous deal. As for the $1 offer on her equipment does Ms. White not have the option of finding another buyer or the option of taking her equipment with her? What seems to be the big issue here? Or are you again blowing things out of proportion for your own amusement? In closing Ken, might I just say on behalf of myself and probably a good majority of forum viewers, I am so sick and tired of you being so incredibly relentless in trying to belittle the hardworking , dedicated, loyal individuals who devote their time and energy to the betterment of this place I will always call home! I will not sit back a keep quiet and let a narcissist such as yourself make these kind and caring people look like monsters! And if I were you I wouldn't burn all my bridges with the Health Center. You may need them to provide a sling for your sore arm with all that back patting you've been doing on yourself lately!!! Good night Mr. Taylor
ktaylor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:34 am 
Post subject:

Kendra: Your father was never an individual target of my concern over the Health Center's loss of a dentist. The board's failure to fulfill their obligation to provide a dentist was my main concern. Jim has always been a great contributor to Beaver Island. But, under the Agreement signed in August 2002 and I quote:

"The health care services provided by BIRHC shall include, but not be limited to, medical (including emergency medical), dental, and mental health care treatment under the applicable standard of care for medical clinics in Northern Michigan."

Nowhere does it say they should charge rent, or the Facilities Use Charge to users and then not take care of these facilities (snow removal, toilet cleaning etc). I am currently trying to ascertain, via a Freedom of Information request, if all outside doctors etc that use the facilities for patients have been subject to a rent or Facilities Use Charge.

You know as a hairdresser that if you don't provide good service the customer will go elsewhere. We as a public do not have that choice. We can't even vote for a BIRHC board member, so our only choice is to keep a close watch on what appears to be going on and inform the public when problems develop. In my eyes it seems that the board did not support our dentist and allowed childish behavior to make her life miserable.

The vote of the board always seems to be unanimous, so everyone is to be blamed in my eyes. I sometimes question why we don't just have a one member board for the Health Center.

I was not the one that created the problems, I am just the messenger that points out that the problems are there. So, quit shooting the messenger and look for solutions. One of my first solutions would be to have a board that has some medical people on it, not just relatives. I am hoping that Larry sees that his being on a board employing his wife does not pass the smell test and he resigns. Another solution is for the board to find out why the childish behavior occurred and to make corrections and not allow this to happen again.
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 am 
Post subject:

Kendra...Kendra...Kendra!!!!! Kendra for supervisor of the newly united townships!!! BIRHC has said 6+ dentists have all ready showed interest!!! Clean teeth are in our future, crisis averted!!!

Ooopppsss!!! Forgot to say.. this is Tracey smile. Good morning Beaver Island!!
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:36 am 
Post subject:

Great post Kendra!!! Thank you for taking the time to getting your story out there and showing all viewers as Ken had quoted " The rest of the story". Thanks again!!! GREAT JOB!!!

John McCafferty
Gillespie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:02 am 
Post subject:

The suit was disallowed continuance owing to technical difficulties. Did Kendra also hear the judge comment on the strange aspect of a township official who was showing road officials what should be done who was also going to be a bidder? This crap went on for many years. Enough of watching family defend family here, the body public knows what happened. I am climbing out of this sand box.
islandliving

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 am 
Post subject:

I am now wondering, what did it cost the township to defend itself in that lawsuit?

John McCafferty
Kendra Vera Thorson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 am 
Post subject:

Technical difficulties?? Are you referring to how the affidavits were acquired??
"Family" isn't defined only by last names or by blood; its defined by commitment and by Love. It means showing up when they need it most. It means having each others backs. It means choosing to love each other even on those days when you struggle to like each other. It means never giving up on each other. These are the principles Beaver Island was founded on. It was a blessing to grow up in such a beautiful place surrounded by family, and friends who became family. I will never stop defending those I love!
Bitterness can suck the life right out of you! Let it go...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beaver Island Forum Index -> Main Beaver Island Open Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: