Lloyd Cochran

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Leuck

Lloyd Cochran

Post by Leuck »

Lloyd Ernest Cochran passed away peacefully on July 17th 2017 in Arizona. He was 83.

Lloyd was born in Ypsilanti, Michigan, son of Bruce and Belle Cochran. Lloyd met his wife Delores and they married in 1955 while he was in the army. Upon their return to Ypsilanti Lloyd earned a masters degree in Industrial Arts from Eastern Michigan University. He taught school and later started Cochranâ??s Sporting Goods. After 21 years running the business Lloyd and Delores sold out and moved to Beaver Island where they had vacationed for many years. They traveled in the winters and found their winter home in Congress, Arizona.
Lloyd was always active in the outdoors. He loved flying his planes, hunting, fishing, diving, snowmobiling, 4 wheeling, gold mining, shooting, and traveling. They made many friends along the way.

He is survived by his wife of 62 years, Delores, son Dan Cochran (Kathleen), grandchildren Ben and Alivia Cochran, and daughter Dianne Harbaugh (Bill). Lloyd was preceded in death by his two brothers Earl Watkins and Leo Cochran. No services are planned at this time.

For those of us who knew Lloyd, he will be sorely missed. He was a kind and gentle man, with a great sense of humor and the ability to tell amazing stories.
AEW

Post by AEW »

I've known Lloyd since 1998. He was such a good man. A man of impecible integrity, kindness and knowlege. They dont make many men like him anymore.

Rest in peace Sir
AE Wirth
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

So sad - thoughts and prayers to Delores and the family. What a wonderful man with a great sense of humor and one of the most honest laughs I have ever heard!! God Speed Lloyd!!
AMVETS POST 46

Post by AMVETS POST 46 »

Good man and fellow veteran. He will be missed.
AMVETS POST 46
BOX 319
BEAVER ISLAND, MI 49782
amvetspost46@yahoo.com
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

I was fortunate to have gotten the chance to get to know Lloyd in recent years. What a kind man who had such an interesting life, and loved getting to know Delores, too.

Lloyd's company will be missed here on the island.
duffer

lloyd

Post by duffer »

i can't deny when i got the news a tear came to my eye,s in all the years i knew him he was a giver of time and information, always quick to lend a hand, a super friend and customer both of them were missed when they moved! RIP!
duffy
jacquel

Post by jacquel »

We will miss Lloyd and his gun expertise. Always quite helpful with gunsmith problems.