Chris and Gordon Heikka

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

debrob2

Chris and Gordon Heikka

Post by debrob2 »

Dear Friends and Family of Chris and Gordie Heikka....

I just wanted to keep you all updated as to what is going on. As many of you have heard, Chris has been diagnosed with advanced stage breast cancer that has spread to her lymphatic system. She has already started Chemotherapy and is working at getting everything set up to continue those treatments every two weeks. She has a big fight in front of her, but is in fantastic spirits and has a great attitude.

Chris and Gordie, as you all know, are intensely private people, but also realize that this village that they have called home for 30+ years is filled with loving and caring people that are concerned and want to help. It is with her permission that I am posting this.

Answering a lot of questions is tough for both Chris and Gordie right now, both emotionally and physically, as they work to wrap their head around all that they are dealing with between Gordie's dialysis and Chris's current health issues. Please call. Please text. You know Chris, she loves to chat and stay connected, but please be very respectful of their privacy.

Chris is being released from the hospital and will be returning home later today. She needs to keep her feet and arm elevated as much as possible and it is crucial that we keep her healthy so she can continue on with her treatment regiment.

Thank you all for keeping Chris and Gordie in your thoughts and prayers. We are blessed to be a part of this wonderful community.

If you have any questions, please feel free to run them by me. We are doing all we can to minimize their stressors.
KathyTidmore

Heikas

Post by KathyTidmore »

Will you be setting up a schedule of home delivered meals or would they care if we came there to cook breakfast and make beds and prepare lunch. We no longer have a COA worker. :|
Kathy A Tidmore
Beaver Island, MI
lynnebogo

home delivered meals

Post by lynnebogo »

Hope it gets posted on the forum so I can sign up.