Santa Clause, the Easter bunny and "global warming"

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

E. Naranjo

@

Post by E. Naranjo »

Duffer, thanks for pointing out several reasons why we are fortunate to live here! No volcanoes. Few paved roads. Lots of small gardens and food plots. Incredible forests, millions of birds, etc.

which reminds me, if anyone would like some free seed potatoes (Yukon Gold) you can call at 2364 or just ask me when you see me. This is our 3rd year growing these here and they seem to do very well in this type of soil. I have about 20#'s left. E. 8)
AEW

Post by AEW »

â??One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with the environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole,â?￾ said [Ottmar] Edenhofer, who co-chaired the U.N.â??s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working group on Mitigation of Climate Change from 2008 to 2015.
â??We redistribute de facto the worldâ??s wealth by climate policy,â?￾
-- Former United Nations climate official Ottmar Edenhofer:
For those who want to believe that maybe Edenhofer just misspoke and doesnâ??t really mean that, consider that a little more than five years ago he also said that â??the next world climate summit in Cancun is actually an economy summit during which the distribution of the worldâ??s resources will be negotiated.â?￾
SOURCE: Investors Business Daily, Editorial, 3/29/2016

â??In the United Statesâ?¦we have to first convince the American People and the Congress that the climate problem is real.â?￾ President Bill Clinton in a 1997 address to the United Nations

â??Nobody is interested in solutions if they donâ??t think thereâ??s a problem. Given that starting point, I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous (global warming) is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions areâ?￾â?¦ Former Vice President Al Gore in an Interview with Grist Magazine May 9, 2006

â??We have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we may have. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest.â?￾ Stephen Schneider (leading advocate of the global warming theory in interview for Discover magazine, Oct 1989)

â??Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing â?? in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.â?￾ Tim Wirth, while U.S. Senator, Colorado.

â??No matter if the science is all phony; there are collateral environmental benefitsâ?¦. Climate change [provides] the greatest chance to bring about justice and equality in the world.â?￾ Christine Stewart, former Minister of the Environment of Canada. Calgary Herald, 1999

Former French President Jacques Chirac called the Kyoto Protocol the â??first step towards an authentic global governance.â?￾

The Top UN Climate Change Official Christiana Figueres, the Executive Secretary of UNFCCC, “This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model, for the first time in human historyâ??, Ms Figueres stated at a press conference in Brussels.â??This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the industrial revolution. That will not happen overnight and it will not happen at a single conference on climate change, be it COP 15, 21, 40 â?? you choose the number. It just does not occur like that. It is a process, because of the depth of the transformation.â?￾

Former Dem Congressman Tim Wirth: â??We called the Weather Bureau and found out what historically was the hottest day of the summer. Well, it was June 6th or June 9th or whatever it was. So we scheduled the hearing that day, and bingo, it was the hottest day on record in Washington, or close to it.
Deborah Amos: [on camera] Did you also alter the temperature in the hearing room that day?
Tim Wirth: â??What we did is that we went in the night before and opened all the windows, I will admit, right, so that the air conditioning wasnâ??t working inside the room. And so when the hearing occurred, there was not only bliss, which is television cameras and double figures, but it was really hot. Stagecraft.â?￾

Then when I consider the repeated data tampering and manipulation from NASA GISS, MET and NOAA.

Then I consider weather balloon and satellite temperature measurements which show minor natural changes.

Then when I consider the manipulation and deliberate selection and omission of actual data recorded from ground sensors over the planet surface.

Then when I look at the two main claims repeated about the myth of the 97% support (Cook et al and Zimmerman/Doran) and even a layman can see they are completely bogus claims and that there is a â??consensusâ?￾.

Then when I do the math and see that the tiny trace natural GHG C02 makes up about 400 parts per million of all green house gas and that about 94% of that C02 is naturally produced.

C02 simply is not a mechanism for global warming. It is a lagging indicator and not a leading indicator in atmospheric change. There are about 30 times as many water vapor molecules in the air as CO2 molecules, and water vapor has a more effective fingerprint spectrum. It is also much more variable. This means water vapor will swamp whatever CO2 does. http://lasersparkpluginc.com/uploads/CO ... n_Data.pdf

But the one thing unique about C02 or carbon is that if a group can pass laws, rules, treaties, regulations etc under the guise to control it then they can literally control everything single thing and action you do as an individual, community, city, state or nation does. There is nothing on the political, social or global scale that will be out of reach of the unelected and unaccountable globalists. And it is clear that by their own words this has nothing to do with environmental health.

Co2 is the food of life. Without C02 our world will die. Mankindâ??s tiny, miniscule fraction has no discernable effect on temperate, storms, floods, tornados, hurricanes at all. From the warmists own mouths I listed above they have admitted they deceive. I am tired of the lies and the profiteers getting rich off this scam. We have real environmental issues to address right in front of our eyes. Decaying urban areas, brownfields, litter a vulnerable power grid, clean water, electricity for poor nations.

Again those are their words above not mine. They have outed themselves and now it is time to stop this lie and fix real issues.
AE Wirth