Hogarths Pest Control begins service

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Batman

Hogarths Pest Control begins service

Post by Batman »

Well, a lot has been going on in the pest world! Over the winter I had the chance to do quite a bit of training and got certified in wildlife and bat control. We are offering quite a few new services and programs this year to better and more efficiently serve our customers. All of our services can be found listed on our website, www.hogarthspestcontrol.com, but I wanted to share a few quick updates before I get to the island. 

Spider control and web sweeping is a big part of our business, so if youâ??d like your home swept down and sprayed now is the time to get it scheduled! In addition to our normal exterior treatment, we also offer a new botanical spray. The botanical treatment can be used on the home and/or on docks to prevent spiders and webbing near the water. Many of our other services include carpenter ants, flies, stinging insects, and we are now officially certified to treat lawns for ants. If youâ??re trying to grow grass, getting rid of the ants is a good place to start. 

Those of us in the pest control industry have been concerned about a new mosquito virus going around, but luckily we should not get the type of mosquito that carries it up here in Northern Michigan. We are still going to be watching it closely and we are offing a new mosquito program to help control the population and keep our customers yards mosquito-free. The chemical we use for our mosquito treatment is composed of natural essential oils, just as the botanical spray is, and can also be used to treat for ticks. The mosquito program will also include using larvicide in standing water to prevent the hatching of mosquitoes. We recommend starting the mosquito program early for the best results.

We will be upgrading all of our bait boxes this year. The new stations are secure and can opened with a key. They work extremely well for mice and with a trex trap in them we can catch those pesky chipmunks. We will also be offering rodent and mice proofing, along with exclusion services for snakes, bats, and other wildlife. We find many homes with chewed garage door seals, which is a big reason why people get mice, insects, other critters inside their home. Not only can we replace garage door seals, but we can also replace crawlspace vent screens to keep mice and rodents out of the crawlspace. 

A few of our other new services include attic vent screening and ridge-vent sealing and replacement, chimney cap installation and replacement to keep bats, birds, and squirrels out, and chimney crown waterproof sealing to protect the chimney itself. 

If you are interested in having anything done please call or email to get scheduled so we can get you done and know what materials to bring. Itâ??s always best to prevent a problem before it begins - especially if youâ??re renting your home over the summer! We can be reached to schedule at 231-264-6060 or info@hogarthspestcontrol.com.

Thank you!
Batman

Just about done here . Call if you want service

Post by Batman »

I should be done This week then Im going to mainland our business is just out of control on the mailand so I'm going to fufill my obligations here and go back because it is piling up over there . If your on my list i will get you done , And if your not there is still time give my office a call and I will try to get you done .

Ken Hogarth
Hogarths Pest Control
Www.hogarthspestcontrol.com
231-264-6060
Last edited by Batman on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batman

Ok one more week

Post by Batman »

Turns out im gonna be here just a little longer.
Batman

Here Till Fri

Post by Batman »

Gonna be here till Friday
Give us a call 231-264-6060
Batman

Back for More 231-264-6060

Post by Batman »

Had some off island obligations before i could finish and now I am back to finish up 😀.
So if you have a need for pest control spider web cleaning carpenter ants mosquitos rodent control bed bug bats chemical and botanical treatments available give me a call servicing the Island for 18 years land owner tax payer supporter of locale charities and events . If you have called your on my list if you haven't please dont wait Call get on my list .
Ken Hogarth
Hogarths Pest Control
231-264-6060
Info@hogarthspestcontrol.com
www.hogarthspestcontrol.com

Batman

Back on the Island june 28 2016

Post by Batman »

So if you have a problem please call to get on my list .
Www.hogarthspestcontrol.com
Email info@hogarthspestcontrol.com
231-264-6060
18 years now doing pest control on the island.