Very sad news about Benefit Raffles @ Stoney

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Keith Szczepanski

Post by Keith Szczepanski »

bee wrote: It's very sad when people on such a small island can't get along and work together for the good of everyone.
Have a nice day everyone :D
The real shame is that, working together for the good of everyone is exactly what the Racines were aiming to do. Now 'representatives' of Michigan have their inept hands all over this.

"Have a nice day"
Bernadette Green Cole

Post by Bernadette Green Cole »

Dear Bee, thank you for identifying yourself, sort of. I just want to clarify that your statement "It's very sad when people on such a small island can't get along and work together for the good of everyone." is reflective of very few people or businesses on Beaver Island. Having been born and raised there, I am very familiar with the generosity known of the residents. I am also aware of the greed that drives few of the businesses on Beaver Island. I especially want "Lansing" (the contact who let you know about this forum) to be aware of the special caring folks on Beaver Island, they are a unique group!
Bernadette Green Cole
AEW

Post by AEW »

No wonder the State of Michigan is in such a sad state with lame state employees like Miss bee. Make me sick to think I pay her.
Maureen Abele

Post by Maureen Abele »

Stoney Acres and Donegal Dannyâ??s Pub is much more than a business. Itâ??s a gift to the islandâ?¦ a place where we can be with family and friends to enjoy a wonderful meal, to have a drink, to listen to music. Itâ??s a pub in the truest sense of the word, a gathering place for the entire community that reflects the warmth, thoughtfulness, and generosity of the people who own it and the people who frequent it. Being at Stoney and Donegal Dannyâ??s feels as warm and welcoming as coming home.

Keep the faith, Marilyn and Liam. Lending a hand to help people in need is fully in keeping with islandâ??s character and history; itâ??s an integral part of the island spirit, written in the hearts of the people who are sworn to this place. We hope that the law will come to an understanding of that.
jflanagan

Post by jflanagan »

AEW
Cann't agree with you on this one. "bee" appears to be doing her job. It's not her fault the law is so poorly written that it doesn't distinguish between truly nice community gestures that Stoney was making and the Bars on the mainland that are the target of this.

Jim
James Flanagan
37700 Font View Ct. 4439 N. California
Beaver Island, Mi Chicago, Il
49782 60625
231-448-2109 773-463-5494
Kim Connaghan Jones

Post by Kim Connaghan Jones »

"No wonder the State of Michigan is in such a sad state with lame state employees like Miss bee. Make me sick to think I pay her."

I totally agree AEW. It's one thing to uphold the laws by doing your job, but posting on a forum in such a manner about a situation that is no ones business but the parties involved is very unprofessional.
KimN16

Post by KimN16 »

Maureen - what you said about Stoney's is very true. I hope the outcome is good and that soon we can move on.
cathyg

sad news at stoney

Post by cathyg »

Bee might be doing her job, but she needs to take a refresher course in confidentiality !! She has no business publishing the private affairs of her job or the businesses she is contacting and or why.

In support of Liam and Marilyn....to "most" of us here on the island your big hearts way over ride a mis-interpretation of the endless laws the state piles on top of small businesses. Prayers for a happy outcome....you will see your efforts that are pure of heart return to you ten fold...if we need to help you those in support of you will step up and be there for you also ...so don't worry too much about it !
Cathy (Kate) Garland, former Beaver Island Resident
Rambo08

We are smothered by lawmaker goodie two shoes

Post by Rambo08 »

If God would just let us be selfless islanders, and not be ruled by these accruing Fascists laws that protect [who??) Maybe Strang had a great idea; but then again he was shot! What else can I say?? R.E.
Richard Burris & Amy
Bernadette Green Cole

Post by Bernadette Green Cole »

We can't lose sight of the fact that Bee probably did not pick up all of those fliers advertising the Racine's graciousness, notifying of the benefits, on her own. Marilyn indicated in an earlier post that Bee came in with copies, an island mole exists!
Nevertheless the good folks of Beaver Island will shine. Donegal Danny's is a favorite establishment of mine! Looking forward to a visit there soon. Keep up the good work Racines!
Bernadette Green Cole
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

I do hope this Liq. Control Comm. issue has a positive disposition. Surely Marilyn and Liam had the best of intentions in supporting community causes. I enjoy frequenting Stoney Acre/Donnegal Danny's. The food is great and the atmosphere is very friendly.

Peace Out!
Trish
Sean

Post by Sean »

Kim Connaghan Jones wrote:Being "The State Liquor Inspector", I find it in very poor taste for you to post what you have. Being in the job you are, you should remain neutral which your post clearly shows you haven't. You didn't even have the guts to use your real name.

Both businesses have had benefits to help those in need. It's very sad that anyone be punished for the generosity of caring for the people in their community. It's even sadder that someone stooped to this level and they should be very ashamed of themselves.
No kidding!! Maybe she should lose her job for this!!!
Sean McDonough