Harold Lounsberry RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marie LaFreniere

Harold Lounsberry RIP

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Harold past away early this morning. More information will be posted as it becomes available.

My heart goes out to Sally and family.
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

On behalf of the Beaver Island Wildlife Club I would like to express our deepest sympathies to Sally and the entire Lounsberry family. Harold gave to our organization and to the benefit of the natural wonders of Beaver Island with great dedication and effort. He became a model for volunteerism and was instrumental in guiding our organization until today. We will always remember his great contributions to Beaver Island and the great mentor and friend he was to all of us.

Our deepest sympathy,

Jeff Powers
Beaver Island Wildlife Club President
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

We will dearly miss Beaver Island's own gentle giant- our gratitude for all his years playing the "scary" Frankenstein to all the island children and some adults( me included). On Halloween I remember my kids saying please don't go by there and at the same time talking about how much fun it was to be scared. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Sal and her family at this time.
LisaBB

Post by LisaBB »

On behalf of my family (Berry's) I would like to express my sincere sympathy to Sally and her family. Harold has been part of our life for a long time, always helpful and resourceful, a wonderful friend, always welcoming. He fought hard, he fought the good fight, we shouldn't have had to let him go.
Stephen C. West

Post by Stephen C. West »

I'm so very sorry! He was one who clearly gave much more than he took from Beaver Island.

Rest In Peace Harold.
Kim Connaghan Jones

Post by Kim Connaghan Jones »

Sally you and your family our in our thoughts and prayers.If there is anything I can do for you,please don't hesitate to let me know.

Kim
cjones

Post by cjones »

Sally, our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Jerry and Cathy Jones
Phyllis Moore

Post by Phyllis Moore »

Sally, Todd, and Jeff please know we're thinking of you and know exactly what you're going through. I'm picturing Daddy and Harold having a drink together with Jerry, Aunt Joy and Uncle Bud (as Mary told us) and it makes me smile. We love you guys.

Joe and Phyllis Moore
Last edited by Phyllis Moore on Sat May 02, 2009 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nich

Deepest Sympathies

Post by Nich »

Sally, Todd and family,
So sad to hear about Harold! We still can't hardly believe it. Our thoughts and prayers go to you during this rough time. Please know, you are in our hearts!
Sincerely,
Ted and Pam
Ted Nicholas
nich01@tds.net
nancy

Post by nancy »

My sympathy and thoughts go to Sally and her family. My mailman here in Ann Arbor told me about Harold today - my mailman is Harold's brother in law, Dave McGee.
Kevin Green

Post by Kevin Green »

Sally and family, so sorry to hear about Harold's passing. Ronnie just told me about how Phil and Harold were together a week ago visiting and sharing stories. I know they are together again today, laughing with the rest of the gang, in a place of no pain.

God Bless, we are thinking about and praying for you all.

Kevin Green
debrob2

Harold

Post by debrob2 »

Sally, Todd and Jeff...and all of your families...
Please accept our deepest sympaties. We were all blessed to have known him...

"Harry and Jerry" are raising a glass.

Debbie & John Robert
Beth Croswhite

Post by Beth Croswhite »

Sally and family, We can't imagine your saddness and exhaustion right now, but know that we are sending warm, Island, enveloping hugs...just as you have done for us so many times. We will miss Harold (our sweet, gentle Frankenstein) very much. He fought hard to stay with you as long as he could. Harold is no longer in pain and we are here to help you through your pain.

Our healing thoughts are with you,
Beth & Joddy Croswhite