Work on BI, I am looking for

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

adambighamorcharding

Work on BI, I am looking for

Post by adambighamorcharding »

Hi. Having visited BI just once so far, I'm not an islander but would like to be. Originally from Detroit area, I am MSU alumni, a horticulturist, and a Christian man. I have a brief write-up of myself on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-bigham-181b87263/

I would like to find employment on the island and join the community if possible this Fall. Perhaps I could be a jack of all trades and work principally for room & board? I worked as a home health aide for a gentleman with Advanced Muscular Dystrophy while I was 19 and in college. I have a lot of experience working gardens/farming, and improving orchards. I like dogs, peace & quiet, drinking tea, and cooking. I have a strong back, but I'm also 48 years old and wouldn't be able to labor all day in the sun, for example.

Any leads or genuine interest would be appreciated. Here's my email, in case you want to communicate privately: cidernursery@gmail.com
Thanks!
Attachments
Being grateful for every breath is my ideal.
Being grateful for every breath is my ideal.
quote-emerson-78-76-56.jpg (49.83 KiB) Viewed 2855 times
Adam's 'Rush McKean' apple tree
Adam's 'Rush McKean' apple tree
Screenshot 2023-08-09 1.13.36 PM.png (307.02 KiB) Viewed 2855 times