Family Interested in living on the Island.

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Northernbuilder16

Family Interested in living on the Island.

Post by Northernbuilder16 »

Hello Beaver Island,
We are a young family looking at possibly rehoming to the Island. I am a 26 and a carpenter, Wondering about work/jobs on the island. We live in Northport, Mi right now. Also curious If there is any farms or livestock on the Island. We have a small homestead and would like to bring that way of life to the Island.
Any other information on living on the Island would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
BradG

Re: Family Interested in living on the Island.

Post by BradG »

Too much information to put here. There are several contractors that may want help and a couple of farms with cattle and sheep.Its a wonderful place. Give me a call at 231-448-2314 sometime and I’ll extoll our virtues!

Brad Grassmick
Richards

Post by Richards »

Hello Northernbuilder,

There is a farm for sale on the market as we speak. If you are looking for someone to work with you on a purchase, I would be happy to work with you!
Please give me a call anytime - 231.675.6717

Warmly,
Sheri Richards

BI Resident Realtor
Real Estate One
PScott

Post by PScott »

From what I believe to be true, there is a need for construction workers as the island has recently experienced a surge in population and related property sales. You may wish to contact construction companies which operate on Beaver Island to inquire as to job openings.

There are a couple farms on the island with livestock.

Best wishes as you explore Beaver Island!
Trish Scott