Vote Nathan Altman GLE Board of Directors

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Bucky Guy

Vote Nathan Altman GLE Board of Directors

Post by Bucky Guy »

Greetings and Help - the island, yourself and Nathan Altman - running to represent us on the Great Lakes Energy Board of Directors. An island voice and advocate for all of us in both Townships. At a particularly opportune moment as the island prepares to submit an application in partnership with GLE for broadband infrastructure funds from the US Department of Commerce. If he wins having Nathan on the GLE Board will serve to ensure the project is a success for our community first and foremost - that GLE lives up to its commitments to the island.

Your ballot arriving soon in the mail is in the GLE “Country Lines”magazine. Postage prepaid, simply vote for Nathan and mail it in. Nathan’s a long shot candidate. With strong vote support from the island (anyone who gets a GLE bill can vote) he’s got a chance. Vote early and tell your island pals to do the same!
capncinde

Re: Vote Nathan Altman GLE Board of Directors

Post by capncinde »

capncinde

Voting Instructions

Post by capncinde »

Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

We all need to pull together and get a local representative elected to the GLE board. Nathan Altman has stepped up and I think he is the right man for the job! It's going to take a lot of effort to get internet and secure power availability to all outlying areas of the GLE service map. In the short time I've known Nathan I believe he will do an outstanding job. We need reliable service, let's go get it!!
jmedlin

Post by jmedlin »

Just wondering…besides being vouched for by Bucky Guy and Richie, does Mr. Altman possess any special skills or experience that would make him successful on the GLE board? I will definitely consider voting for him, but I need more info about him and why he’d be better than the other candidates for the position.

I live on the west side and my electricity went out about eight times this morning…and the wind wasn’t even blowing! If the wind had been blowing I would have gone ahead and gassed up the old generator, because when that happens I know that an hours-long outage is probably going to happen soon. What can be done to improve the reliability of electric service on the windy west side?
Bucky Guy

Post by Bucky Guy »

Hi Jmedlin - Nathan is up against a long serving incumbent who is a mainland dweller who is presumably competent at a minimum. The key differentiator for me is Nathan is on the island. Doubtful the incumbent has ever been here. Nathan is motivated to push GLE for the better service we all desire. I hope you’ll vote for him and tell all to do the same.

Check out Nathan’s background and campaign pitch at Altman.com

I’m on the east side. My brother is on the back beach behind town.

George Broder (in first post about this ran out of space to include name)