Trash left for others to clean up and pay for

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Fschoo

Trash left for others to clean up and pay for

Post by Fschoo »

Hey everyone,

I need to report something that's happened 3 times now... And it's something that will affect us all if we can't get a grip on it (and by the way it's one of the very reasons I left the "supposed "real world moved Beaver Island my Home).... So here's the deal:

Less than a week at the corner of Mrs Reddings, and West Side Drive I looked and saw 2 vacuum cleaners and a light bar sitting on the corner (obviously left for others to deal with and pay for).

Then on the way home a couple days later I saw beer cans scattered along our 2 track, and some even lifted up on branches "as though to show them off"

And then the day after when driving home, o the way to Fresh Air fthere was the metal remains of an old bar stool (which as of today it still sits there), hopefully I can post the pictures tomorrow

[-X [-X [-X

But look I know I'm not one of the "old guard", but I've loved Beaver Island since the day I came here.

And when looking back and "in my opinion" there are certain things that made me love Beaver Island, and want to live here... And the most important was how much everyone treasured this little slice of heaven, and your "obvious" beauty and love for your home.

please believe me, I "Can Not, and Will Not" point fingers, but I believe all new residents of Beaver need to think about why they came here here in the first place... And it's not Covid, it's because of something more... And it "it is". it will not remain here unless they respect it the way you have for so long...

In other words... "Keep your __________ing trash to yourself"...!!!

Just my opinion

FPS