Sailing Beaver Island Vlog

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

D-Family

Sailing Beaver Island Vlog

Post by D-Family »

Hello!

It’s the dead middle of winter and I thought I would put myself out there and post some amateur content my family and I have been doing as a family hobby. A pair of hobbies actually.

We started sailing last year (buying a great boat from fellow Islanders) and since we were videotaping our adventures, we thought we would turn them into a fun family sailing YouTube vlog. We are all (Kids included) involved in camera work, boat work, sailing, and video editing. All learning, albeit slowly. Nick does the voiceovers because of his radio voice.

Anyway, now that we are getting a good handle on the video editing program the last few weeks we thought we would share our channel with you.

We live on Beaver Island year round, and wondered if some of you who have ties to the island would enjoy some of the content.

We come out with a new episode weekly (Thursday’s), so if you “SUBSCRIBE” (it’s free), you’ll be able to keep up. We will be doing much more sailing around the Beaver Island area next year, and videotaping much more.

Anyway, thought if you were connected to the island you would be entertained.

With love, from Beaver Island in the middle of February,
-Candice

https://youtube.com/c/WindwardToEdenSailing
-The De Laat Family
skasbaum

Re: Sailing Beaver Island Vlog

Post by skasbaum »

Wow, that looks terrific! Also a good reminder of the season to come. We've always wanted to try sailing but have never had the opportunity. Something we've thought about later when we retire.
Thanks for sharing the YouTube channel!
Scott
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

What a great video! Looks professional, very well done. Looking forward to following the family on future adventures. Thanks for sharing.
Kirk D. McBride
steveandelaineonbeaver

Post by steveandelaineonbeaver »

Nice work Candice & Nick! =D>
It looks like the kids are natural snorkel divers. Be sure and visit the many shallow wrecks in the Beaver Archipelago. Many are great fun without scuba gear.
Steve and Elaine West
20 Southern Oak Dr
Camden SC 29020
BeaverIslandGuy

Post by BeaverIslandGuy »

This is great! Thanks for sharing your adventures.
D-Family

Post by D-Family »

Thank you everyone!

Candice
-The De Laat Family