Reminiscing

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BI Pirate

Reminiscing

Post by BI Pirate »

Reminiscing on this Labor Day which coincides with the date of Barb Cruickshank's birthday. Labor Day is not celebrated here in Cuba so I must be starting to miss home. Even more, missing our times of sitting on Barb's patio swing, enjoying a PBR or two, or more, while talking about Bud, the old days on Beaver Island and always the better days to come (and they will). Loved my conversations with Barb because anyone who knew her knows she was never shy on speaking her mind on any subject. When we remember the characters who made Beaver Island, Beaver Island, Barb and Bud will be on that list. Think good thoughts of them today.
:D :( :D
Skull&CrossBones
Marie LaFreniere

Re: Reminiscing

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Well said, Pirate! =D>
K.D. McBride

Re: Reminiscing

Post by K.D. McBride »

Bud and Barb were dear friends and good people. Endured a lot of tragedy but always remained positive. I know the swing, PBR's and good conversation very well and miss it all. The 4th of July at their house to watch the parade was a highlight of the summer. Thinking of them today and always.
Kirk D. McBride