CDC comes clean

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Batman

CDC comes clean

Post by Batman »

How do we go from 160k deaths to 10k
all you covid crazy's need to explain this
SKATINGFAMILY

Re: CDC comes clean

Post by SKATINGFAMILY »

CDC said 94% of all covid related deaths were those of people with underlying conditions. The other 6% of people who died were healthy people who became sick with covid. That is approximately 10,000 people, maybe that is where the 10 m figure came from?
ROOL1950

Post by ROOL1950 »

The 94% of people who had underlying conditions would not have died without the addition of the covid virus.
FishCamp

Post by FishCamp »

"False claim shared by President Trump that only 6% of CDC-reported deaths are from COVID-19 is based on flawed reasoning"

https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/ ... reasoning/

https://youtu.be/Pybo_GPHfh8
Sour grapes

Post by Sour grapes »

ktaylor wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:46 pm Skatingfamily. Who knows what Batman was trying to say. He was not very articulate.
Rarely he is.

Perhaps you should stay off island Hogarth. Since much of our population is at risk.
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

[
118765103_10157722574611593_4003412811031401459_n.jpg
118765103_10157722574611593_4003412811031401459_n.jpg (51.03 KiB) Viewed 85139 times
attachment=0]118765103_10157722574611593_4003412811031401459_n.jpg[/attachment]

Not looking for a debate or argument . Batman asked for an explanation, here is the best one I have seen.

Taking bits and pieces of the truth does not make it true. We all need to look at the facts in their entirity. I don't often agree with certain groups on this forum, but this time I do. If someone truly feels COVID is not a valid concern I hope they will at least be careful and distance themselves when they come to the island.

I apologize for the language in this, but it gets to the point. We need responsible reporters who do data checks and ethics...image that being back!!
forrest.powers

Post by forrest.powers »

Batman, If by "covid crazys" you are referring to people like myself (anesthesiologist) who provide care to symptomatic COVID patients on what seems like an ever increasing, multiple times per day basis then thank you for denigrating my profession.

Also, if you'd ever like to see what that entails then I'd love for you to come down to Tennessee and swap roles with me for a day.

For now, please limit yourself to dressing up like the superhero you aren't.

Signed,
COVID Crazy - AKA Forrest Powers MD
hermit

Post by hermit »

As I wear my mask to respect others. Pelosi doesn’t. Hypocrisy. And my new mask is great. Says Trump 2020. Make America Great Again.

Is that ok? Hahhaa
forrest.powers

Post by forrest.powers »

Wear whatever mask you want, just please wear one! Wearing a mask vs not wearing one is not a political statement. COVID does not discriminate, has no politics and will infect republicans, democrats, independents and even felines!

Please wear a mask. It makes my job more easy! Plus my dog would miss me if I got COVID and died.
IMG_6597.jpg
IMG_6597.jpg (245.08 KiB) Viewed 84748 times
Butthead

Post by Butthead »

Hermit. Pathetic reply.
Sour grapes

Post by Sour grapes »

That is such BS Ken. Your attempt to shame someone for exercising their right to vote is shameful. Regardless if someone is a Dem or Republican they have the Constitutional right to pick the candidate they want without being accused of not caring for their home or their people. This attitude is exactly what is wrong with our Country. The bullying and half truths and lies all for the sake of power. You are a puppet to the Dems and Republicans agenda. The word "defund" is the word of 2020. What we need is to DEFUND the news media and the politicians that are destroying our Country. BOTH parties are "deplorable". Citizens that accuse and bully people for their political beliefs are also deplorable. You can express your political beliefs without accuing others of lack of care. You can express your political values without exaggeration and half truths. What a scary and sad time in our Country.

PS...I am a registered Democrat. A very embarrassed one.
Sour grapes

Post by Sour grapes »

ktaylor wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:13 am It is sad hermit that you are supporting someone that has started to defund two of the most important life saving programs for seniors which eventually you will be. Having to save through your lifetime of work by investing in Social Security and getting Medicare along with SS shows you really don’t care about others especially on Beaver Island.
You said, 'it shows you really don't care about others...". That is the BS part. I agree with you on the SS issue. I think it is a mistake for the next generation as well. What I disagree with is your attempt to shame someone because they disagree or maybe are just uninformed on this topic. One could tell you if you vote Dem you are a baby killer and support rioters and defunding our police, who protect you. Or if you vote Republican you don't care about woman rights and support police brutality. . We both know both statements are BS and it isn't that simple. There are many layers to those topics. We can educate and inform without personal attacks.
Sour grapes

Post by Sour grapes »

Agree Ken, excellent points above.. SS is in jeopardy and has been for years. This is not the first time we are hearing it. Trump didn't cause this issue anymore than he is responsible for COVID. You have career politicians that have been hacking our Country for years.. Pelosi and Biden...for starters.. The Dems really blew it with him. We need an election with good solid candidates, not the lesser of two evils like the garbage we have have this year in both parties..

If you pay $462.70 per month than you earn between 326k and 750k per year joint filing on your MAGI. Paying into part B. You may want to talk to your tax and financial advisors about how to lower your MAGI to reduce this charge. At our ages, in our Golden years of retirement we have avenues to do that.. The dollar will never be as cheap as it today. Someone is going to have to pay for all these handouts...and I suspect it will be us. Hang on to your pennies...your going to need them if Biden wins. I am not a Trump fan, he is an ass. But he has done more for our Country than the clowns that have been there for 30+ years. Bring me a solid Dem and I'd vote that way. Biden and Harris??? Nope
Sour grapes

Post by Sour grapes »

Ken, just to be clear I never said SS was not important, actually the opposite. SS is vital to us old farts. Medicare as well.
Butthead

Post by Butthead »

I sent a PM to Ken to caution him against continuing his help until after the election for two reasons. One is influencing a person to vote his way and also since he doesn’t know who the Hermit and sour grapes are he could accidentally send money to them.