AMVETS Re: Parade

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

I'm Just The Messenger

AMVETS Re: Parade

Post by I'm Just The Messenger »

For the parade, the AMVETS will form up at the Beaver Island Veterans Park at 11:45 Saturday. It will be hot so if you want to feel free to bring a chair. Also, any veteran is welcome to join us and you need not be a member of Post 46. Social distancing will be observed.

AMVETS Post 46
Beaver Island, MI
K.D. McBride

Re: AMVETS Re: Parade

Post by K.D. McBride »

COVID-19 has been devastating to nursing homes but even more so to VA facilities housing our veterans dying everyday while this administration does virtually nothing to protect them. Over the 4th, fly the flag showing your support for the US military, past and present. If you go to the memorial on the Island, wear a mask to protect our veterans and others but even more so, wear a mask to demonstrate support for our veterans who have and are dying of COVID each day.
Obviously the AMVETS Post 46 is not going to take a position or encourage mask wearing but I, as an individual vet and member of Post 46, care enough to ask that people wear masks not only to protect our vets but as a sign of caring and respect for them wherever they might be. Individually we can be better than our leaders in Washington have demonstrated.
Show your respect at the ceremony on Saturday and everyone stay safe over the 4th and as long as this virus is with us.
Last edited by K.D. McBride on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kirk D. McBride
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

BUMP
Kirk D. McBride
Bob

Post by Bob »

Wear those masks like the surgeon general said.
Bob
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Bob -
Thank you. Wearing masks will not only keep our vets safe but honor them by showing we respect their lives now as well as their service.
Kirk D. McBride
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

BUMP
Kirk D. McBride
Bevis

Post by Bevis »

Ware those masks and enjoy the parade. Hope to see you all their.
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

I received an e-mail last night from Bob (Tidmore) saying he was confident that vets will be wearing masks on Saturday. I appreciated his e-mail and I expressed to him that I hope those attending on Saturday will also be wearing masks. I do not understand people refusing to wear masks. Masks are to protect others. If everyone wears a mask we are all protecting each other; we are all in this together. The statement they make by not wearing a mask is, "I really don't give a damn about others or care about their health and safety, it's all about ME". A very selfish and narcissistic behavior.
Kirk D. McBride
Bump

Post by Bump »

:arrow: