Lodging available for Birding Festival

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

TaniaRH

Lodging available for Birding Festival

Post by TaniaRH »

Hi Folks. I will be attending the Warblers on the Water Festival this year for the first time. I have reserved the ODonnell homestead for May 21-25. I am coming alone so will not need all the beds. There is 1 double and 4 single beds available for anyone who would like to share lodging at a reasonable price. 40$/night/person. There’s only 1 bathroom so we will need to share:) I don’t use Facebook so if you or someone you know is interested have them call me at (231) 768-4603. The ODonnell homestead can be viewed on Air BNB. I’ve already paid for everything for these days so they’ll just need to mail me a check for the days they are interested in. Looking forward to meeting some new people.

Tania Hanline
BeaverIslandAssociation

Re: Lodging available for Birding Festival

Post by BeaverIslandAssociation »

Hi Tania,

You may wish to notify birders on your room offer on the Beaver Island Birding Trail Facebook page.

We look forward to meeting you on beautiful Beaver Island!
I'm Just The Messenger

Post by I'm Just The Messenger »

I just posted for her since she doesn't do Facebook.
TaniaRH

Post by TaniaRH »

Thank you for posting that for me. I’m crossing my fingers that this event doesn’t get cancelled. I will understand if it does though. Time will tell. Our world is changing. I’ve found that focusing on the blessings helps me to not be so upset. Our lovely planet and the many wild critters are enjoying a break from the chaos and noise created by humans. There is a reduction in atmospheric pollution and families are able to spend some extra time together reconnecting. We are being forced to slow down and hopefully many are able to consider how the simple things in life are what matters most. Sending love to the people, plants, animals, insects and wild waters of BI.