Beaver Island TV

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

medic5740

Re: Beaver Island TV

Post by medic5740 »

As soon as the video is processed, the BIRHC Board Meeting from today, 10/1/19, at 5 p.m. will be added to the rebroadcast. It should begin at about 7:30 p.m.

http://beaverisland.tv

Joe Moore, editor
BINN and BITV
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

Added to today's rebroadcast are:

Boat Building Presentation by John Runberg 10/2/19

St. James Meeting 10/2/19

Greene's Farm Interview

Bach on Beaver 2002

Enjoy!

Joe Moore, editor
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

Added to the re-broadcast today, 10/9/19 are:

Bite of Beaver

Artisans at BIC Center

Beaver Boodle

Mass from Holy Cross

Christian Church Service

All of the above are from this past weekend.

Helen Collar 1990

and more!

Enjoy!

Joe Moore, editor
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

Still rebroadcasting current meetings and historical video at http://beaverisland.tv

Beaver Island TV is available to anyone in the world 24 hours per day.

Joe Moore, editor
Beaver Island TV
Beaver Island News on the 'Net
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

Beaver Island TV will be off the Internet for a couple of hours this afternoon as another list of historical and current items are set up. We hope to have the rebroadcast back up and playing before 6 p.m. tonight. The broadcast will be stopped around 3 or 3:30 p.m. today, 10/25/19.

Joe Moore, editor
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

medic5740 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:43 pm Beaver Island TV will be off the Internet for a couple of hours this afternoon as another list of historical and current items are set up. We hope to have the rebroadcast back up and playing before 4 p.m. tonight. The broadcast will be stopped around 3 or 3:30 p.m. today, 10/25/19.

Joe Moore, editor
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

List of items to be rebroadcast starting today at 4 p.m.:

Frederick Rob Deane Interview
Dan Burton PicNic at the Point Presentation
John Runberg PicNic at the Point Presentation
Jerry LaFrenire Pole Barn Party
John and Maureen Runberg 2011
Artists and Artisans and Beaver Boodle 2019
Lawrence and Winifred McDonough 2001
John Kenwabikise 2009
Johnny Andy Gallagher 1991
Music on the Porch 2002
St James Meeting Oct 2019
Greene's Farm Interview
Julie Ann Banfield 2010
BIRHC Meeting Annual 2019

BIC Christian Church Service
BICS Soccer
BICS Volleyball
BICS Soccer
BICS Volleyball
Marine Museum Centenial 2004
Diane Tracy "Beekeeping"
Cheryl and Carrie Podgorski 2019
BIC Church Service
Mass from Holy Cross
Mike Moore Music 2019
Peaine Recreation Plan Hearing 2019
Paul Cole PicNic at the Point
Franklin Left 2001

Garrett Cole
Joe and Carlie O'Donnell 2001
Readings at Holy Cross 10/20/19
BIC Church Service10/20/19
Mary Bert McDonough 1991
Library Open House and BICS Ground Breaking
Marguerite Cole Mulligan 1990
Martha Guth High Tea at Deerwood 2003

Enjoy at http://beaverisland.tv

Joe Moore, editor
Beaver island News on the 'Net
Beaver Island TV
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

The Beaver Island TV broadcast will be shut down for a bit while equipment is exchanged and will resume rebroadcast later this afternoon with a list of programming provided when it is ready to go. Updates and improvements are necessary.

Joe Moore editor
Beaver Island TV
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

REbroadcast began at 6:30 p.m. tonight, 10/28/19.

BIRHC Meeting 10/1/19
BIRHC Meeting 10/18/19
Christian Church Service 10/27/19
Excerpts from Mass at Holy Cross 10/27/19
Beaver Boodle 2019
Artisans and Bite of Beaver 2019
Crockpot Event at Gregg Fellowship Center 2019
Windier Day, Water Higher with Waves

Lucille, Grace, Jewell, and Helen
John Kenwabikise
House Party 1993
Earl Gallagher Interview
Agnes Bird
Skip McDonough and Lil Gregg 2018
Pirate Party 6/2019
Jewell Gillespie Recognition 1993
Cynthia Johnson TV Show 1999
Don Cole Interview 1/2019
Dick Burris at Lake G
Glen McDonough Memorial Concert 2019

Frank Mays 7/2019
Cheryl and Carrie Podgorski 2019
Mike Moore, Brian, Mark, and Joe at Circle M 8/2019
Music on the Porch 7/2019
Matt Hohn Memorial
Irish Feile-Music at the Hall 2019
1st Responder Thank You Dinner 9/12/15
BI 4th of July Boat Parade and Fireworks

Enjoy!

Joe Moore, editor
Beaver Island TV
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

It's amazing what a simple, quick power outage can do to the modern equipment in this information age.

Will try to get the rebroadcast back up and running shortly, however long it takes to reboot and redo the playlist.

Plans tonight include the live stream of the Little Big History presentation tonight at 6 p.m.

Joe Moore, editor
sblanch

Post by sblanch »

Thank you Joe for bringing the small history talks. Being off island it is wonderful to be able to experience our youth in such an informative way.
Sharon Blanchard
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

I had one computer, the main computer for website business, kick the bucket today. I'm working on getting another computer working to do the rest of the work for the website called Beaver Island News on the 'Net at http://beaverislandnews.com

The swapping of computers caused a little break in the http://beaverisland.tv rebroadcast of video, but the Live from Holy Cross worked this Saturday afternoon. There will continue to be the rebroadcast, and the live stream from Holy Cross will occur at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday.

The recorded video from the Christian Church on Sunday will be processed as soon as possible and will be able to be viewed no later than Monday.

Joe Moore, editor
Beaver Island TV
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

A Personal Review of Software Program

November 11, 2019

This past week was a busy one with many issues and problems for this editor of Beaver Island TV and Beaver Island News on the 'Net. The simple fact was that the keyboard and mouse quit working on the main computer used for processing pictures, text, and video for both of these websites mentioned just before this sentence.

So, a quick move of all the files and software needed to be completed as quickly as possible, before the laptop quit working completely. I had to get another computer, one that I already had in my possession, with the same model number as the one on its death bed. So I went searching to figure out why the computer quit working properly as a first step in this procedure. By taking off the back of the computer, it was obvious that it had overheated and some of the components would not be able to be replaced easily.

The simple fact was that the computer was capable of working if and only if the melted plastic on the damaged components could be removed and the components replaced. Some Internet research suggested that it might cost about $200 to purchase the components that were damaged. That didn't make any sense to me. I had another computer with the same model number. I didn't want to try to replace the good components in place of the damaged components. Then it hit me. Why not make the undamaged computer the primary website computer? All I had to do is find some software that would do this job, and I found several ranging in price from $40 to $200.

I have to admit that I tried a free one first, and it didn't do anything except mess up the undamaged computer. Here are the facts about the one that I used. It's name is "PC Mover Professional." It was in the $60 price range. It was advertised as completely automatic in its transfer, that it transferred all the programs that you wanted tranferred, and it would also move your data.

My first attempt was stopped by the fact that the damaged computer's hard drive was twice as large as the undamaged one. That meant that a back-up of all the files would be a very good idea before I ran the program. It took quite a few hours to get the data files moved from the damaged computer to the back-up external hard drive. That should be easy, right?

Wrong, of course. The damaged computer would not recognize the USB external hard drive. Thinking that I might be completely out of luck, I sat down and drank another cup of coffee, watching Star Trek. Believe it or not, these things are still available to view. As I was sitting there ready to give up, one of the plots suggested that something older might work better than something brand new. "AHA!" I exclaimed waking both dogs and the other adult in the room.

So, to try my experiment, I moved all the data off another external drive that was used previously on the damaged computer. This took about two hours, but gave me some hope. Why shouldn't this work? Well, I don't know why it wouldn't, but it didn't. The air turned a little blue around my workspace, but not another human or animal heard the words. They were just in my mind.

To make this a little shorter, I finally got the damaged computer to recognize the third external hard drive, after another two hours, and copied all the files off the damaged computer using a simply drag and drop that still worked on the computer. Then I was able to delete some of the data off the hard drive to make the size of the two hard drives match. Then I had to download the program, mentioned above.

After a total of seventeen hours on one day and about three on another. I actually had the programs moved from one computer to another. The total cost, other than time, was $60, the cost of the program. Now for the Review of "PC Mover Professional."

The program was well worth the price. It was successful in moving all the programs from the damaged computer to the replacement computer. The only issue with this program, which I wish it had been able to do, was that the programs all needed to be activated a second time from the second computer. Only one program could not be activated.

I give "PC Mover Professional" five stars out of five stars. Even though it took a long time to copy from one computer to another, and even though I had to re-register the programs, I didn't have do anything other than find the correct codes to activate the software. It's well worth the money, and it saved this editor.

If you are in a similar situation or you want to move everything from one computer, maybe an older one to a newer one, I recommend this program.

Joe Moore
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

...or get a Mac!
DwightEarly

Post by DwightEarly »

BobTidmore wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:30 pm ...or get a Mac!
=D>