BIRHC meeting rescheduled 10-1-2019 5 PM

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Donna Kubic

BIRHC meeting rescheduled 10-1-2019 5 PM

Post by Donna Kubic »

Beaver Island Rural Health Center
Board of Directors Meeting

October 1, 2019
5:00 PM

Community Room
at the Health Center

For more information call
448-2275
JFPowers

Re: BIRHC meeting rescheduled 10-1-2019 5 PM

Post by JFPowers »

And how was the new director chosen?

Another backroom deal by a few people on the board?

What a sham, those that are so worried about corruption and closed door deals dont need to worry about looking to Washington DC. The corrupt operations of the BIRHC is right under your nose.

It is time that those involved with this behind the scenes activity be removed from the board immediatly, Furthermore negotiations should take place with a mainland hospital to have the center integrated with a hospital that would improve services and reduce the taxpayer burden.

And the cast of characters that have conducted this activity have zero part in any negotiations regarding the future of the BIRHC
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

Jeff -
I know your frustration and believe a few others share it also. Does anyone believe that the board who has let Beaver Island go without contractual dental service for two years, promised with a commitment of taking tax dollars, could care about how the public feels? It's evident that they know no one or public body will hold them accountable for their actions. What is sadder than the Health Center's breach of contract and trust with the public is the public's acceptance of it. Today's meeting will be no different and attended by no others than the few who care and the Health Center knows it.
Kirk D. McBride
Bump

Post by Bump »

:arrow:
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

It is a shame the Island leaders are so narrow minded and mean to the people that give there life and soul to a position for so any years. I can only say how can anyone in such a position to be such an ass in an elected position. Take it over people and quit criticizing the ones that run it. Beaver Island has done nothing but deteriorate over the years. Just take it and go people, just take it and make it what you want. Because it is not the Island it used to be thanks to you all!! Beaver Island has been ruined by this kind of bullshit. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

All I can say is the Township Supervisors should be ashamed of themselves. A horrible way to treat anyone.
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

My first encounter with Don Spenser was a number of years ago while attending a BIRHC Open Meeting along with a few dozen other concerned citizens with questions as to why the Health Center released a popular licensed care provider. When the public packed St. James Township Hall, Don Spenser, a BIRHC board member vehemently addressed the public with, "What are you doing here? No one invited you!" His tyrannical conduct displayed at that meeting appears to continue through yesterday's BIRHC meeting. For all the good he may have contributed to the HC, his over powering control of staff, board, public opinion and all things BIRHC related appears to have overshadowed any good. In my opinion he has not done the BIRHC any service and a total discredit to the public. I assume Don is a good person who means well but if things are going to improve, a change needs to take place. How the board will deal with this issue in the public's best interest remains to be determined.
I will close with a message to Doctor Martin, who I assume is a fine medical practitioner and good person. If you would still like to honor your request for a public debate on this issue or others facing the BIRHC, I continue to stand ready and available.
Kirk D. McBride
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

They wonder why no one applies to be on the board......

When the board and staff is composed of relatives, friends and spouses and they make it clear that any current board members who attempt to serve in an honest and open manner and ask meaningful questions are left out of the main decision making processes, and that the current manager can hire a replacement and plan for continued employment as an administrator without the knowledge of current board members why would anyone in there right mind want to be added as a minority member of this dysfunctional nepotistic board.

Someday this will all come crumbling down, hopefully the sooner the better.
K.D. McBride

Post by K.D. McBride »

I echo Ken's applause sentiments to both township supervisors for not only taking an active interest but a position on recent BIRHC activities. I sense that the tide of involvement by both township officials as well as the general public is changing. Hopefully the BIRHC board and select members will begin to understand they can no longer act without regard for public input or impunity for their actions (two years without providing dental services) while continuing to accept tax dollars. I commend all for taking an interest, speaking out and making a stand.
Kirk D. McBride
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Arrrrr Mr. Taylor, My drinking habit is my comfort companion or occupational hazard of being a Rum Running Jockey. Obviously you and everyone else have heard of my colonoscopy episode, or as I call it, charming the silver snake. It was conclusive in the fact that contrary to popular opinion, my head was not found up there so one can surmise that I would never be the director of anything. However, you are correct that I would join any search which has the charter of finding sunken treasure or barrels of rum. While you mates continue to take them to the woodshed up there, make sure someone is left to give me my flu shot when I return.
Stay "krazy" my mate.
:lol: :wink: 8)
Skull&CrossBones