Beaver Island Boodle Canceled

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

carolburton

Beaver Island Boodle Canceled

Post by carolburton »

There will be no Beaver Island Boodle this year.

Due to the large amount of emails and calls that I have been receiving I am posting this message for everyone. I apologize for the lack of communication to you about the cancellation of this event and if it has changed your Beaver Island plans. I would also like to express my gratitude to the many supporters of the Beaver Island Boodle. You helped raise over half of the funds needed by the sports boosters each year for the past 15 years. Our children, the sports program, and I sincerely thank you for your past and continued support.

If you would like more information or to express your interest in continuing this event please call the Sports Boosters or the Beaver Island Community School.
burton
lindawearn

Re: Beaver Island Boodle Canceled

Post by lindawearn »

I, too, am disappointed that there is not a Boodle this year. Thank you for the fantastic job you have done organizing, promoting and "getting it done" for so many years. My group of friends from down state were also disappointed that they won't be "boodling".
Beth Croswhite

Post by Beth Croswhite »

So sad the Boodle is cancelled. It was started by Mike and Gaile Weede many years ago. It always seemed like the Boodle was a good fundraiser for the Booster Club. But I know its a lot of work (I worked it for many years). I will let my guests know it has been cancelled. They were planning their trip to include the Boodle.

Maybe some other group next year will pick up the flag and carry on!
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

Once again please express you concerns to the Boosters (Ralph Williamson President) or the Beaver Island Community School 231-448-2744. I did not make this decision and would have liked to have seen it continue not only for the school but the entire community. The Boodle will be a missed event.
burton
Beaver Island Jewelry

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Sorry to see this event cancelled. It was always a fun part of the Bite of Beaver.
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

I had guests coming for the boodle, they decided to come anyway but this underscores a real problem in promoting fall tourism. At one point we had a Celtic Festival and now the Boodle which may be going away in the fall. Hopefully this will fall on the agenda of the new chamber director
RTW45

Post by RTW45 »

The Boodle was not scheduled this year due to the dwindling participation from runners and booster club members. There was no one that would step forward to organize it from the booster club membership, so we tabled it for this year. We are not going to abandon it! There is talks going on to reschedule it in the spring when the weather is a bit more cooperative, student athletes and their parents can better participate in managing it and hopefully more runners would come out. Thanks to all who have helped in the past and to the participates.
Ralph Williamson
Booster Club President