Tell Me It Isn't So?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

pbona

Re: Tell Me It Isn't So?

Post by pbona »

Top of the morning to you all,
Thanks to Joe Moore and others for the links to the minutes and agendas. Still do not see the word "fencing" mentioned in the agenda for July 11th. As one of those who finds the the forum useful for community information, I would like to ask for a return to simple, civil relevant replies. Light humor also always brightens the day.
Pat B.
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

"Dashwoode" my post said nothing about judging anyone. Don't be so thin skinned :-({|=
Since you're into posting pictures now, here's one for you, at the rate you're going you're going to need a whole pad.
Attachments
Hurt-Feelings-Report-550x712.jpg
Hurt-Feelings-Report-550x712.jpg (99.1 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I love reading edited posts by Dashwoode. Like our FAVORITE PRESIDENT, unlimited do-overs. :wink: :? :? :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
Beaver Bump

Post by Beaver Bump »

Pat,
I do not know why Fence would be on the agenda, Fox lake was on the agenda to discuss and a fence was brought up as a possible solution to the problem. No way to put on the agenda what the possible solutions are going to be if you haven't even discuss them that is what the meetings are for. I again would encourage you to contact some of your board members (which I am sure none of you have) for answers to your questions, that is if you are truly looking for answers. If you are just looking to continue to cause trouble and try to make it look like there is something there that there isn't, then continue to put your comments on the forum.

It is so clear what group isn't looking to improve BI and fix problems but just cause havoc.
pbona

Post by pbona »

Hello to all,
I believe the problem here is lack of communication. I am not trying to stir any pot, there is no underlying agenda or ax grinding. I am definitely not trying to aggravate or accuse anyone of anything. The decision to purchasing chain link fencing to solve the problem of boat storage at Fox lake, undoubtedly made in good faith, caught some of us by surprise. Adding a call for alternate proposals to the next agenda would have given an opportunity for community input. Perhaps my previous post of solutions would be helpful to reconsider. There must be an equitable compromise that would be acceptable to the legal and aesthetic needs of all. I trust in the good nature of people to read and respect properly worded and posted signs that would not be intrusive to the natural beauty of the area. People already voluntarily observe no wake and loon courtesy and awareness on the lake. If the implementation of the July 11th motion could be delayed while other ideas can be submitted and discussed, I believe this could result in co-operative, mutually satisfying resolution to the problem that could be implemented on other township access sites as well. I will call the township to see if this is possible and in anticipation of a positive response, ask that the particulars be posted here as well as on the township site.
Proactively Yours,
Pat B.
pbona

Post by pbona »

Hello again all,
As per my previous post, I spoke with one of the township officials, and am satisfied that they are trying to carefully negotiate a murky situation. A fence would not be their first choice either, but would act as a viable deterrent for the time being. Please approach them with your concerns.
Unchained,
Pat B.
Beaver Bump

Post by Beaver Bump »

Thank you Pat for handling things appropriate and getting all of the information instead of just making judgement.

LET'S ALL DO THE BEAVER BUMP!!!!!!!!!
untitled.png
untitled.png (78.48 KiB) Viewed 1070 times