Tell Me It Isn't So?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

pbona

Re: Tell Me It Isn't So?

Post by pbona »

Hello islanders again,
First, I am in need of clarification as to the meaning of the hypocrisy meter.
Second, Nowhere on the Peaine Township site do I see a an agenda for upcoming meetings posted. Please show me where I can acces this information so I can attend relevant meetings.
Third, I was under the impression that this was not an anonymous forum. Please let me know with whom I am fencing.
Thanks,
Patrick Bonadeo
Dashwoode

Post by Dashwoode »

DJde7FmXUAAlJoJ.jpg
DJde7FmXUAAlJoJ.jpg (13.42 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
Last edited by Dashwoode on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by JFPowers »

I own the property adjacent to the launch, actually the township has an easement for egress and ingress to the launch area. I am open to negotiation or the selling of an additional portion of the property or in fact the whole lot. It is a beautiful peace of property and it has never been used according to the legal facts of the egress situation. The township assessor even over valued the property for tax purposes based on the typical sales price formula. So if the township wants to correct the tax situation, purchase more property, negotiate a proper easement, etc I am open to suggestions. In fact if anyone else is interested in the property let me know I will be putting it up for sale very soon.

In fact the outhouse was placed on the property without a proper easement or approval of the previous property owners as I can tell.

We all yearn for the way it was on Beaver Island, I am open to suggestions, just realize as the property owner I am currently being overtaxed on the value of the property, that is no fun, needless to say the liability associated with people on private property without permission.

Jeff Powers
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Well posted Doc. Seeking alternatives to keep the island's naturally beautiful with reasonable restrictions should be explored before jumping to the bone headed decisions the township has proposed and small thinking, short sighted lemmings on this post are supporting.
Skull&CrossBones
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

And I forgot to mention my MAIN REASON FOR BUYING THAT PROPERTY. OUR WILDLIFE CLUB HAS HAD A GOAL OF PUTTING A FISHING PIER AT FOX LAKE AND I THOUGHT SOMEHOW BY FIRST OWNING THIS PROPERTY THAT GOAL COULD BE ACCOMPLISHED

Again, looking for folks with ideas on how we could accomplish that...
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Doc, what the hell were you thinking? A fishing dock would offer visitors and residents nothing but an opportunity to participate in the bounty of Fox Lake while enjoying the tranquil beauty of the area. A damn fine looking chain link proposed by the township would be cheaper and enhance the aesthetics of Fox Lake plus people could lean against it while taking in the view. Good to have two townships on the island so when in doubt people can ask, "the smart one or the dumb one?" ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Skull&CrossBones
Bob

Post by Bob »

BI Pirate

so many good points... =D>
Bob
pbona

Post by pbona »

Hello Dashwoode,
Just to clarify, my name is Patrick Bonadeo. I am NOT the BI Pirate (although I am envious of his sabre wit and that fancy eye patch and plumed hat, not so much the peg leg!) Just the facts Ma'am. Still mystified as to the intent of the hypocrisy meter.
Pat B.
martin

Post by martin »

Beaver bump acts as if there are posted minutes available for all to read. Just checked their website and there are none for 2018. It would be nice for Dashwood and Beaver bump to tell us where to find them. I agree with the BI Pirate. The fence around the boat dock is enough of fence pollution on Beaver Island.
martin
medic5740

Post by medic5740 »

I'm not going to get into this fencing issue, but the minutes are on the Peaine website, although, unless you know how to get to them, it is difficult to find. http://www.peainetwp.org/government_dep ... nter_rz924

I have the minutes on Beaver Island News on the 'Net as well, and this particular meeting was also recorded on video.

I applaud Jeff Powers' effort at trying to get a fishing pier or something like that on the lake, and I believe Jeff has the best interests of the island in his heart and in his actions.

Now, with all this being said, it might be nice to get an agenda and supporting documents prior to the Peaine meetings, so I agree with Pat Bonadeo on this part of the discussion. If you don't know what's going to be on an agenda, you don't know whether you need to attend a meeting or not. Let's face it, no one likes to attend all the meetings that are going on here on the island. You'd like to be able to pick and choose.

Joe Moore
Beaver Bump

Post by Beaver Bump »

Well Martin that is because there is minutes on the website for all to see. I am not sure what you are looking at but all of 2018 minutes and agenda's are posted on the township website, since you seem to be having a hard time maneuvering around the website I am attaching a link directly to them on the township website.

Also if Pat is still having a hard time finding when the meetings are he can look at the calendar on the website and it clearly shows when township meeting are. Or if you wanted some of this information you could have just ask you township board members where to get it instead of asking people on the forum, I am pretty sure they would be happy to help keep you all better informed.

Read and enjoy!
http://www.peainetwp.org/government_dep ... nter_rz924
Dashwoode

Post by Dashwoode »

Hi Mr. Bonadeo,

I was not implying you were the Pirate. Your post were not part of the meter comment. Sorry for the confusion.
Last edited by Dashwoode on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by martin »

Thanks Joe and Beaver bump for the link to the website. Now I have another problem. Some are in PDF format and others in Office. I am cheap and don't have office, so I can't read about half of them. Help. ](*,)
martin
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

Beaver Bump and Dashwoode,
Welcome to the forum, although by your post count you would be perceived as new the forum, your writing style and replies have ratted you out. [-X [-X
Dashwoode

Post by Dashwoode »

Mr. Pike,
[-X [-X [-X
d6518b1311157a7c578bba7b87ae4f21--glass-houses-glasses.jpg
d6518b1311157a7c578bba7b87ae4f21--glass-houses-glasses.jpg (43.03 KiB) Viewed 3159 times