Peaine Township Vision for the Future

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

stardust

Re: Peaine Township Vision for the Future

Post by stardust »

I was not making a statement I was asking a valid question It takes time and gas to drive there back and forth I was wondering
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

I don't want to switch the topic back and forth because what is Peaine's Vision for the future is a question that has been being asked for quite awhile. I would like to know what is being done and I have asked this probably too many times without an answer. What is being worked on or planned to be worked on to make life better or keep what we have up and moving forward?

No, 2 hours it not long to clean the hall and Andy is doing a good job at it. I also meant cleaning is a good job not that the couple hours you get is filling the bank. I wish I made $25 an hour! What I was saying was that the motioning to raise the wage right before voting on the applicant was chosen maybe should have been done in two separate meetings. This would have made it already in effect and not biased or looked at as being because of the hire. All you showed us (correct procedure though it may be) was a vote to raise the wage and then immediately choosing the person to fill the position. The problem lies in the fact that a raise was made with advance knowledge of the applicants that they were choosing from. I am positive no one had any miss intent but when you put it out there like that... it does look purposeful. That is what I meant.

That new vehicle for EMS should certainly be accredited to Brian's dedication, hard work, grant submissions, and for finding a vehicle. It wasn't cheap and he put the time in to get it done. I appreciate it greatly! Was a huge embarrassment to ourselves and their team that they drove around in that duct tape held together vehicle that no one was doing anything about. Thanks to Brian this was rectified.
burton
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

May have put the Brian post out on the wrong one but still the same feelings about it. Sorry for going off topic.
burton
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Stardust,
It averages 2 hours a week as not all of the stuff needs to be done every week so some weeks are 1 1/2 hours and some 2 1/2 but today was 2 hours. I only get paid for the time I am working but yes there is gas and going to jobs, I have insurance for my business and being self employed I pay more taxes than if I worked for the township so for only 2 hours worth of work it wouldn't always make sense to do the job but in this case it isn't but a couple miles from my house and it is flexible when I can clean it so it works well with my schedule. Really I think the township makes out pretty well they average paying $50/week to get it clean and in cleaning it there is a meeting room, 3 bathrooms, 2 offices, kitchen, main hall area and to two entry ways. I apologies I thought you were thinking that 2 hours is to much time and I was a little insulted as I work hard when I am there.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
Jimmy McCafferty

Post by Jimmy McCafferty »

In response to martin I am assuming this is your cover letter for application to be president of my fan club.
I completly agree with you, it has been my lifes ambition to be the most self centered person I can be.
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

05F39155-9CEA-4A96-BF2E-25CBCD2B6274.jpeg
05F39155-9CEA-4A96-BF2E-25CBCD2B6274.jpeg (190.44 KiB) Viewed 13893 times
I guess I got my response, to be mocked by the past, present and last contender for the Peaine Supervisor.

Also this is apparently the committee to save Peaine, including the Rural Health Center Director, Peaine Township Treasurer, former Peaine Clerk who is also a township appointee on the Airport Board, and former School Superintendent, talk about collusion....
Last edited by JFPowers on Wed May 02, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wkohls

Post by Wkohls »

The post that accompanied the proponents' budget, in part says . . . "this has been painstakingly worked on and through consultation of many people interested in Beaver Island's long term future. The numbers shown were gone over many times to be as accurate as possible."

Nonetheless, they are unable to accurately transcribe the millage rates from their proposal to the budget.
PB.png[/attachment [attachment=0]Image (10).tif
Attachments
Image (10).tif
Image (10).tif (134.78 KiB) Viewed 13869 times
PB.png
PB.png (245.27 KiB) Viewed 13871 times
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Looks like the post above your most recent reveals the true end game of your committee Bill, nice! Sitting employees, appointed directors, elected officials and committee members of nearly all Island entities complicit in an attempt to usurp a properly founded election! Could this include use of public funds and public equipment to push your agenda? Maybe we should have all the township equipment scanned for evidence of use in this effort. Shame on you all, the gig is up!
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Furthermore, your cheesy attempt to point out the Consolidated Voted Millage only shows what that total would be if the consolidation goes through NOT what the new board would allocate in determining the needs to finance Beaver Island Township, another nice gesture from a party that is supposed to be neutral!
Wkohls

Post by Wkohls »

Rich . . .

It's a question of competence . . . despite your committee's painstaking review, your committee commits major blunders in one of the few documents that if has shared with the public. Perhaps your cause would be better served if you and others focused on the merits of consolidation. Questioning motives and competence is clearly intended to distract readers from the now obvious conclusion . . . you're riding a dead horse.
{Wisdom.png
{Wisdom.png (105.29 KiB) Viewed 13837 times
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

We are ready for whatever comes including defeat but it is hoped that people see through your charade and the small group you are playing a protection game for most of who merely have a financial interest here and not the best long term interest of the island. Perhaps you should water your own horse and it might lead you to a sensible spot. Incidentally, is it appropriate for the sitting township supervisor of Peaine to have this mathematical chart in his public payed office while working on or for the Committee to save Peaine and not township regular business? Please provide a copy of the motion for this to be allowed on publicly owned property.
Attachments
Kohls Chalkboard.JPG
Kohls Chalkboard.JPG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 13812 times
Wkohls

Post by Wkohls »

Still off point . . .
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

Bill

I reviewed the tape of the meeting where the Wildlife Club offered to help pay for docks at Lake G and Fox. There were some good comments but I don’t see where your statement of “Note that it was Paul Welke who spoke against accepting the Wildlife Club’s contribution for portable docks as well as replacing the boat launch at the campground. To his credit, he suggested that we participate with St. James Township to secure a suitable boat launch on the harbor, but I nonetheless suggest that you direct your questions to him.” Is validated after reviewing the video.

Also you responded to an email from the Wildlife Club a year later (below) and your reason for no action was “if I recall correctly, the board had concerns about the ongoing cost to install/remove the docks each year” and that also appears to vary from your forum statement.

The video link is

http://beaverislandnewsarchives.com/Bea ... eeting.htm

Bob Tidmore
26025 Main Street
Beaver Island, MI

Sent: ‎Sunday‎, ‎January‎ ‎24‎, ‎2016 ‎11‎:‎07‎ ‎AM
To: jacquel@tds.net

Hey, Jacque . . .
Thanks for your email. I recall the proposal . . . the wildlife club would purchase the docks, etc. Bob Tidmore attended a meeting to present the proposal. But, I'm thinking that it was more than a year ago. Anyway, if I recall correctly, the board had concerns about the ongoing cost to install/remove the docks each year.
Separately, I think the DNR's planning process is gaining some momentum. Don Tritch has attended at least one meeting, but I don't know if the Wildlife Club is "in tune" with the plan. Let me know if you want to discuss.
William Kohls
Peaine Township, Supervisor
Beaver Island MI 49782
Office hours – Thursdays from 10:00 to 2:00
Office phone – 231.448.2389
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Bill, the topic just above your last comment to me says: Peaine Township Vision For The Future. THAT is the topic. Now we find that the collusion makes the Russia question look like child's play since there was none. I believe this all should be presented to the state election commission!
beaverman

Post by beaverman »

Jeff's posting of the email he accidently got sure backed up my claim that the rich are trying to pull one over on the little guy. They know how to keep the rest of us down.