Kathe Meade

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

meadefamily

Re: Kathe Meade

Post by meadefamily »

Edited to respond to Kirks edit on his first comment:
Your attempts at intimidation don't work Kirk. Go harass someone else.

Wow...so let me understand this. Ken yet again calls people out by name, accuses them of things, goes off topic and then when he is asked to stop I become the one that is nasty?

I even get my own thread for you and your boys to attack? Yet, you say I am being mean?

Now I ask questions on two topics...one that Ken brought up to cloud the issues and I am blasted for it? Just so I understand the rules...only ask questions that are pro consolidation, support the name calling and negative evaluations of past board members, and when half truths and embellishments are posted just ignore them.

Kirk, I must really rattle you that you had to come after me in this matter.
Last edited by meadefamily on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Ken

That was not very nice. I have only asked that you and your buddies stop attacking others. When someone implies others don't contribute that is not fair, when you call out board members by name and accuse them of things that is not right, and when questions are asked and you side step the truth by creating a cloud of noise that is suspicious.

Continue your attacking. Even Richie can't stop you.

Kathe
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Sorry for the repetitive response but out if respect for Ken I am responding where he chose to post... unfortunately several places.

Ken,

Again please reframe from the name calling.

This is a great list and would be an awesome topic for the forum on volunteer opportunities for everyone. Contributing both financially and with time. I am not sure it is a consolidation topic however.

As far as what I do I am not sure where that is any of your business or concern. Typically when people volunteer or give money to causes they believe in they do it because they believe in the cause, not to boast. My husband and I are very private people when it comes to this topic. We have to give where our heart leads us. Not where someone attempts to shame us as you continue to do.

Perhaps someday when we retire to the island we will become more visably active in our volunteerism, but unfortunately right now we have another home and community we support as well. We also have a child that needs much of our time and attention and has become our focus on helping her prepare for her future. Raising a child with special needs is a full time job in itself and requires many resources both financially and emotionally.

See Ken, you don't know me, my life or what I deal with on a daily basis. Many on the island do, but I choose who I share my life with. I also don't know your life or your struggles. We all have them. And I respect that you will choose who you share with.

Please stop questioning my love for the island or my love and respect for the people that live and vacation there. That is very unfair of you. I do not question your commitment or love for the island. I welcome a call if you would like to discuss things further and encourage you to get back on topic.

Best regards

Kathe meade
517-414-4433
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Ken

Again, please reframe from name calling.

My intent was not to be condescending to Brad. I was surprised at his dig to others...and that was not very gentlemen like as you say. He could of given you kudos without the last line. If I misunderstood his intent I will personally apologize to him. Sometimes words can be misunderstood, we are all guilty if that.

As far as what we do on the island, I am not sure where you are going with that. I do not see others giving thier laundry list of what they do. We do what we can with the time and resources we have. I invited you to call me direct if you wanted to discuss further.

I don't pretend to "set an example". I would fail if I did. There are woman on that island that give and do leaps and bounds over what I do. If you are looking for examples I am not the person to ask. But with that said, because I do not contribute to your standards that does not make me a bad person or a person that does not have a voice or care for the island.

I am not sure where you are attempting to go with this topic, other than to devalue me. Unfortunately you can not do that as I do have value. You have value too Ken, it is the name calling that hurts your message.

Now I have to get back to work. I am certain this topic has been exhausted. I would encourage you to start a forum page for volunteer opportunities. It is a great idea and when we are there for the summer it will be a great resource to be part if the community.

Kathe
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I don't think is is good to attack people if you feel they are not a financial or volunteer contributor to the Island. I also don't think you should broadcast on the forum that you sent checks to Dr. White, that you paid flights to dental patients, that you funded Mr. Gillespie to sue St. James Township, that you sent 25 people $1,000.00 each, to try to make others who may not have that ability look bad. The fact you are a huge financial contributor is great and letting it be known is great. I just don't think the presentation of the information is proper timing. There are many ways to contribute to the community and not always with dollars. I feel to rub it in someones face is not nice.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

We've heard enough! Stop!
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Richie...

Then erase the post thread that only had the intent to attack me.

You are right, enough is enough.
Jimmy McCafferty

Post by Jimmy McCafferty »

Keep the faith Kathe. Plenty of very angry voters on the Island opposing consolidation.
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Thank you Jimmy for the kind words.

I was really sadden this morning when I woke up and saw the antics continued on a new platform with Ken adding more threads. I was equally saddened that Richie did not take down the threads. That speaks volumes, as he was online this morning...

Have a great day.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

As I posted yesterday Kathe Ken openly admitted when he was upset on this forum that he payed all of Richies attorney fees to sue St. James Township. There is obviously a very strong friendship between them. Threads posted to directly target people do not seem right.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

VOTE NO ON CONSOLIDATION!!!

:D
Kathleen Dvoracek

Post by Kathleen Dvoracek »

Didn’t someone (maybe the Chamber) start a new forum for all those people who didn’t like this one? Just sayin’.
BTW I’m Mike Green’s sister and proud of it! :lol:
meadefamily

Post by meadefamily »

Kathleen,

You are correct! The Chamber has a great community posting page for community events and information. Especially our visitors. Here is the website just in case someone needs it.

https://m.beaverisland.org

Enjoy this warm wave of weather. Seems the February blues have finally passed us. :D

Kathe