Beaver Island Community Center Forum on Consolidation

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Ron Wojan

Post by Ron Wojan »

John, The Community Center is interested in hosting forums that informs the public, in a non partisan fashion , about issues that affect the entire community. They hosted the meeting on the EMS issues. Who better than the community center to bring everyone together, put all the facts on the table , and then let the people decide ,on an informed basis, what is the best way to proceed.
Ronald L. Wojan
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

I have been confused about the consolidation from the start. We the voters and citizens get a notice out of the blue that there is a proposal on the ballot on May to consolidate the Beaver Island Townshipâ??s. No reasons why it is just on the ballot and voters have to decide. After months of voters asking for any good answers to why this proposal was put into play there is not one question answered. The people that seem to be in opposition of the idea have put in far more effort than the ones that put in on the ballot. It seems totally backwards to me. Shouldnâ??t the people that put this on the ballot be explaining why they did it? Shouldnâ??t they have scheduled the meeting to discuss? Maybe this would be a normal approach to something like this but it does not seem right. To put something on the ballot and then take a silent role seems a little strange. Again I am confused on the whole thing.

John McCafferty
E C

Post by E C »

Hope this helps I bet the petitioners are on the Committee to Save Peaine knowing that consolidation is in every ones and the islands best interest.
My name is Ed Ukasion.
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

Richie please let us know some FACTS on why it is in everyone's and the island's best interest.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Many of you will receive this letter in the mail sometime in the coming days . . . https://wkohls.wixsite.com/consolidatio ... nstituents

You may address your questions, if any, to nobitownship@gmail.com.

Respectfully submitted by the Committee to Save Peaine
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:22 pm
Post subject: Township Consolidation Website Reply with quote
We have developed a website for all of the information related to the township consolidation ballot proposal in May 2018. The web address is:

https://lefevream.wixsite.com/beaverislandtownship

There is a contact page so you can send questions or comments directly to me.

Angel Welke
E C

Post by E C »

one island one government one voice moving forward together to reduce taxes for all assuring a strong future for all on Beaver Island a YES vote for consolidation is the right vote for everyone
My name is Ed Ukasion.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

The Ed Ukasion that people are looking for is any reason why consolidation is going to better the Island. You just mention lowering taxes. Iâ??m sure this will be proven at the April meeting that the PABI board got together. It has gotten to the point that the administrator of the forum to allowing fictitious or no name people to post idiotic statements which is all the proposed consolidation is at this point
â??idiotic â?? until facts are presented????

John McCafferty
E C

Post by E C »

Beaver Island has two townships now and people have to ask themselves if they believe it is moving in the right or wrong direction for the future if nothing changes nothing changes consolidation is the answer vote YES
My name is Ed Ukasion.
E C

Post by E C »

support the committee to save Peaine vote YES on consolidation
My name is Ed Ukasion.
Wkohls

Post by Wkohls »

EC . . .

You may believe that it's "cute" to refer to a fictional "The Committee to Save St. James and Peaine Townships by Saving Beaver Island" but I'm guessing that the people responsible for enforcing Michigan's campaign disclosure laws will not be amused. Let's not find out.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

When you got nothing you got nothing.

John McCafferty
E C

Post by E C »

when you got nothing you form a secret committee with no names and mail out a letter with fuzzy facts two good reasons to vote YES on consolidation
My name is Ed Ukasion.
Andy's Grooming Barn

Post by Andy's Grooming Barn »

If you are not Richie please explain why you had it set up at one point that nobody could see your previous posts? Nobody else can do that except the moderator or administrator.
Andy Kohls
Andy's Grooming and Boarding Barn
E C

Post by E C »

leprechauns can do that magic save the leprechauns vote YES on consolidation
My name is Ed Ukasion.