Timing is everything

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

pam moxham

Timing is everything

Post by pam moxham »

Timing is everything.

The BIRHC annual meeting is tomorrow.

We now have a Physician to assist with night call and day appointments. When was this discussed and decided and by whom?Was the BIRHC Board involved ? If so, when did that meeting take place and was that made known to the public ?Are fees the same if seen by NP or Physician?

Phrase "unfortunately we lost one of our great Nurse Practitioners". This was not an overnight decision by the Nurse Practitioner .Ample notice was given. Flexibility with scheduling was needed, requested and denied.Is this flexibility now available to the Physician?

Have attempts been made to recruit a replacement for the NP? Were they initiated when notice was given?If so , where and how?

I know of several folks who were seen and treated here by the Physician thus saving them the time and money needed if they travelled to the mainland. he is a good and competent Physician and I'm happy we Islanders have a Physician willing to ha\elp the BIRHC with the gap in staffing.

I wonder if that gap could have been averted.

Timing IS everything .Flexibility and willingness to work with others , especially in our isolated community , is a pretty close second.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Great questions Pam!
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

I am becoming encouraged by the HC communicating with the public. My wife wants me to be more positive with my views and I agree. If my island source is correct, a new dentist may be introduced at tomorrow's meeting and that will be very positive.

DC
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

I'm hearing the new dentist has been selected, very positive event for the meeting tomorrow. Well done by all involved.

DC
pam moxham

Post by pam moxham »

I will be off Island tomorrow. I hope these questions will be raised by public attending and answered by the BIRHC Board.
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Bump
Bump

Post by Bump »

:arrow: