Bullying

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

meadefamily

Bullying

Post by meadefamily »

This is a great article about bullying in a small town. The Cyber bullying is identified in this article. I would ask that the forum moderators take this problem seriously and stop allowing people to post with false names and nicknames that do not identify who they really are.

Stop allowing community members be called out and accused of things. Personal agendas do not belong on a community forum. There is a time and place for this and Cyber bullying is not it. Bridges are burned, relationships are ruined and communities are hurt.

Mobbing is also a term that describes people on forums and other social media venues that create a group of fake names to support Thier agenda.

Words hurt...and create bad feelings. Beaver Island is a small community. People are worried about posting because they will be harassed and bullied. Kids are impacted by the mean words.

When a post calls out people by name, gives "definitions" about them it has gone too far.

I will also say to the ones that will counter me with freedom of speech...yes you have freedom of speech, but along with that comes accountability...and I gaurentee you that boundary has been over stepped.

If you counter me with then don't read...all I can say is your word may not be worthy of my time to read, but the people you are bullying are worthy of my time to protect.

http://www.newlafayette.org/community/b ... l-problem/

Kathe Meade
islandliving

Thank You!!

Post by islandliving »

I am just seeing this, and I totally agree! Well said!

Tracey