One more reason life can be difficult on Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Mark

Post by Mark »

K.A. Pike,

I wish it were possible to "LIKE" posts on this forum.
bigbuck

Post by bigbuck »

Tracey: I would say "If the shoe fits, they need to wear it" My version. Still not sure I want to come over to hunt this fall with all the verbal shooting going on. If I get hit accidentally in the teeth I would need to see a dentist on the mainland. Good post from K.A. Pike.
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

Tracey's statement:

"While I agree public officials do work for all if us, but disrespecting offices, in this way, is not the way to bring change. Just my opinion."

Tracey: They can't be voted out, and apparently won't resign, so what would you do?
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Pike, I was wondering if you could tell me the bridges you think I burned and what relationships you think I need to rebuild so that I can get applying for the building permits. ?? Thank you.

John McCafferty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

Well Treehugger, I am not in support of voting them out OR making them resign...I like the board, I think that they are doing a very hard job, well. I also think that there is a lot more to their side of the story, that they (the board) cannot comment on, in a public forum....

Maybe instead of making random accusations, we should get out attend meetings and listen to the proceedings, and base our comments on first hand accounts.

Tracey
Owen

Post by Owen »

Tracey: What about those that do not think the board is doing all it can for the BI community, especially in retaining a dentist? I have a neat solution, although it was used before, to get someone to resign and leave the Island. The board must meet occasionally somewhere at the Health Center. They must also have a bathroom available. If the bathroom isn't cleaned for 20 or so days before a meeting, and a board member has to use it, they would find out how disgusting it is and storm out. Maybe shouting something like "I can't be party to this board that isn't paying attention to the well being of its dental patients." And then threaten to move to the mainland where they could have least a dentist to go to. Strictly a fictional account. But by all accounts in this topic it seems to work well.
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

WOW OWEN!!! What a brilliant IDEA. now why couldn't you have thought of this much sooner before all the name calling and degrading of people, burnt bridges, ruin relationships ect. had to happen. I am disappointed that it took you this long to come up with your wonderful idea that could have been the solution from day one. WOW!!!

John McCafferty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

NEWS FLASH!!!! The BEAVER ISLAND solution to removing stagnant, incompetent, disliked, related, non performing, or whatever there problem is, board members from BEAVER ISLAND BOARDS. we now have the power to get them off with what we call.
"THE BATHROOM SOLUTION "

John McCafferty
islandliving

Post by islandliving »

So Owen, your great idea has been going wild all day. I think we can market your idea nationally. "THE BATHROOM SOLUTION". The strongest detergent known for BOARD REMOVAL. I think we can market to many small communities and townships around the country. I have a call into Shark Tank already and it's looking good. I hope you will come forward and endorse your idea and we can both make a fortune. Are you in? Let me know.

John McCafferty
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

I don't live on the island but being able to participate in a lively debate such as this, regardless of ones position, I believe is one of the things that makes living on Beaver Island great!
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Is bump some secret code word?
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Mr. McCafferty, You are correct in stating that people should get "both sides of the story before making a judgement". In this new age of fake news I think that is very important for people to do. With a large platform for debate like this forum I think everyone who wants to weigh in has done so. I've been on boards and worked with boards and the people on them are chosen because they are not timid about speaking up. I would think that if there is another side of the story about Dr. White leaving we would have heard it by now. I must say what you may lack in judgement on the subject you more than make up for in passion and I like that in you. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person next July and getting to know more about this issue and your other thoughts about Beaver Island.

DC
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Mr. McCafferty, I think Mr. Taylor just gave you the other side of the story straight from the health center meeting and minutes.

DC
backwoodsbuccaneer

Post by backwoodsbuccaneer »

has nothing to do with preventing new info, just start a new thread. This one basically turned into a dumpster fire that everyone is sick of seeing. Trust me I'm all for what you're doing, but reviving the same thread after a week instead of just creating a new one or going with one of the new threads, especially since tons of people have been trying to drown this thread, just makes any info you share less appealing unfortunately.
*revs trolling motor*
Darby Campbell

Post by Darby Campbell »

Mr. Buccaneer, I am the guilty culprit for posting again to this topic. In Mr. Taylor's defense he has started several new postings since his original posting calling our attention Ms. Wojan's and the health center's "nasty" letter to Dr. White's attorney. The only reason I posted again to this subject was for the benefit of Mr. McCafferty who continues to post addressing me by name and believes there is some conspiracy theory against the health center and board. By Mr. Taylor posting a copy of Dr. White's letter to the health center and the succession of health center minutes ignoring her request to sign a contract that would allow her to continue to provide dental services to Beaver Island, I believe has addressed Mr. McCafferty's "other side of the story" and conspiracy theory.
Sorry for jumping back on the subject but thought an explanation was due to the many viewers.

DC