Island Summit

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

medic5740

Island Summit

Post by medic5740 »

This coming Monday morning is the beginning of the Island Summit. It is being held down at CMU Biological Station. This Monday morning, if the Internet is working, and if we have electricity, will have the Island Summit live streamed at http://beaverisland.tv

This Monday morning's event will also be recorded and will be available on Beaver Island News on the 'Net for subscribers.

The morning video stream will begin at 9 a.m. from the Jim Gillingham Auditorium.

Joe Moore, editor
Beaver Island News on the 'Net
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Just to clarify, Joe will be live streaming on Monday morning only. This will allow those unable to attend to hear the opening remarks at 9 a.m. from Bob Anderson and Jon Allan, Director of the Office of Great Lakes, followed by an overview of Great Lakes Islands by Matt Preisser from the Office of Great Lakes, Island Data and Value Indicators by Brandon Hofstedt from Northland College and finally the Island Institute at 11:20, Sharing the Maine experience. These are all formal presentations. No videoing will occur during the rest of the conference. Any questions, call me-448-2314. My computer is down as of last night and I'm currently using the library computers. Thanks!
McGrass
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Bump :D
Kirk
medic5740

Starts Monday Morning

Post by medic5740 »

This exciting gathering of island people begins Monday morning, tomorrow, at 9 a.m. I look forward to the discussion and the possible outcomes of this great idea.

Joe Moore