Important Announcement from Your Community Center

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BIC Center

Important Announcement from Your Community Center

Post by BIC Center »

Dear Friends of the Beaver Island Community Center:

With mixed emotions, we write to let you know that we will soon be losing our long-standing Events Director at the Community Center. Earlier today, we learned that Ann Partridge accepted an offer from the BIRHC to become the new Medical Reception/Service Coordinatorâ??the position formerly held by Betty Hudgins.

The PABI Board of Directors and the many people Ann served so ably over her nine years at the Community Center will sorely miss her. Ann began working for PABI in the spring of 2008, when she was hired half time to assume responsibility for the Community Centerâ??s events. She worked for the Commission-On-Aging for her other half time over that same period.

The PABI Board congratulates Ann on her career advance, but remains saddened for the Centerâ??s loss. The Bite-of-Beaver will be her final event at the Center and the Board will host a â??good-by and good-luckâ?￾ event for all who come to wish her well and let her know how much she will be missed. Cake and coffee will be served between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. as we send Ann off to her new but continued work for the people of Beaver Island.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Sad indeed but Annie will make an excellent receptionist at the clinic! Life is a moving experience, congratulations Ann!!
megsing3

Post by megsing3 »

Ann will be far more than a receptionist!

Great work, Ann!
May you do as much good there as you have done here!

Love, Meg Anderson and the Tuohy's
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Ann has been one of the driving forces making the BIC Center an island success story. :D She was more than the events director, she is the all around go-to person. :D She leaves big clogs to be filled. :shock: Wishing her all the best in her next chapter. 8) Thank you Ann for giving your heart and soul to the BIC and the community, well done. :!:
Skull&CrossBones
Beaver Island Jewelry

Congratulations Ann

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Bittersweet to lose such a capable organizer as Ann Partridge at the Community Center. But good luck in you new endeavor Ann!

Nancy & Cary
Pam Grassmick

Post by Pam Grassmick »

Congratulations to Ann on your new job. She will be a great asset to the BIRHC. As mentioned, Ann welcomed many a visitor and performer to our island community through the Community Center. She wore many hats. Ann was also a champion of the elderly and those in need of social and medical assistance as chair of the Human Services Commission. In her new role, she will continue to benefit this community. We wish her all the very best.

Brad and Pam
pam moxham

Post by pam moxham »

Wishing you the very best Ann .

Always the "go to " person,and always cool,calm ,competent and willing.Your sense of humour was a delight during school play rehearsals and performances.

You will still wear many hats at the BIRHC, & they will all look great .

Love ,hugs &congratulations on your new adventure.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Ann - You have show cased such wonderful and diverse talent to Beaver Island through the BIC Center and we thank you for it. You have also show cased your wide diverse talents in your hard work and dedication to advance culture and public service to Beaver Island. You were always present but I know much of your work was behind the scenes and on personal time. I don't know if we can begin to adequately thank you for all you have done but know the appreciation and love for you is out there. You are a unique one of a kind, a true gift to Beaver Island. Simply, thanks.
Kirk
becca foli

Post by becca foli »

Ann you are such a pleasure to work with. Always cheerful and willing to go above and beyond for the BIC and everyone who walks thru the door. I appreciate your heart, professionalism and dedication to the job you do. Congratulations and all the best in your new job!!
anniep

Post by anniep »

Dear All,
I have been off-Island on one of those whirlwind-mainland trips of visiting family, unable to witness or respond to this overwhelming show of support with only my little inadequate cell phone in hand.

Thank you, thank you and thank you again to ALL for the many well wishes, appreciations, accolades and votes of confidence! Betty left some â??pretty big shoesâ?? to fill, and while I only wear a size six, I will endeavor to do fill them up!

Bestest,
Ann