Fox Lake Boat Launch

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Bob Sramek

Fox Lake Boat Launch

Post by Bob Sramek »

Does anyone know if someone can set up camp for an extended period of time at the Fox Lake Boat Launch?
stardust

hmm

Post by stardust »

Didnt know you could camp less than 20 feet from a body of water or running stream
Bob Sramek

Post by Bob Sramek »

I thought there used to be a no camping sign there as well as a no wake lake sign.....both seem to have disappeared......
Peaine Township

Fox Lake Park

Post by Peaine Township »

Fox Lake Park is intended for day-use only; camping and any nighttime use of the park is prohibited. New signage will be ordered and installed in the coming weeks. New signs will also delineate the boundaries of the park. Please respect the rights of the adjacent property owners.
tkludt

Fox lake is NOT a no wake lake

Post by tkludt »

Unless there has been a change in the state / county laws, there's only 2 lakes declared no wake in Charlevoix county and neither are on Beaver Island.
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

The Fox Lake Boat Launch area has a 66' wide easement to launch boats. I recently purchased the property it had been for sale for a long time. It does not have an area for camping and the township will be putting up appropriate signage as is my understanding. There is township property across the lake as well as State Land on Fox Lake a few lots north of the launch. I do not know the status of camping on those properties. Fox Lake is a very beautiful area and those that reside on the lake have expressed concern to me already regarding late night rowdiness and this is as the township has commented not legal or condoned by anyone. For years there was a sign limiting the size of the motors on the lake however this has been down for many years. This is a loon nesting lake so consideration should be given to the wildlife that frequent this lake.
The Beaver Island Wildlife Club for years has expressed an interest in developing a fishing dock for the public on Fox Lake. As the property owner, if all the proper permitting and legalities could be worked out I would be interested in assisting in the development of such a structure near the easement on the property. One thing that we lack on Beaver Island is access for the public without boats to fish, hopefully someday we will have a fishing pier in the harbor area but that is another subject.
Bob Sramek

Post by Bob Sramek »

OK...on August 1st Peaine Township posted on here that new signs would be made for the Fox Lake Boat Launch. It has been over 8 weeks now, which should have been plenty of time to order and have new signage made. So I am just checking in on the progress for the installation of the signs.
Bob Sramek

Post by Bob Sramek »

As of yesterday.....the signs had not yet been installed.
Bob Sramek

Post by Bob Sramek »

Still no signage as of today, October 3rd.
Bob Sramek

Post by Bob Sramek »

To whomever made and posted the FOX LAKE sign at the boat launch....
Thank You!

As of today, October 15th, still no signage from the township as was stated in the township post of August 1st.