Outgoing St. James Twp board members did it again

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Kendra Vera Thorson

Post by Kendra Vera Thorson »

Ken, you are entitled to your opinion of how you believe things play out, but for as intelligent as you think you are, its ironic to me how many key details you always seem to miss. As for my fathers comment...I ask you this...Is it not okay for him to have an opinion as well? Last time I checked my father is much more than just a township official. Just a few that come to mind...He's a father, a husband, and damn good Papa, a firefighter (volunteer I might add), Citizen of the year, and to his friends just JIMMY! So maybe he was allowing one of his other roles to speak out. My father has served as treasurer for almost 40 years. He gives back to this community every day of his life. He missed many of my childhood events, not because we were not important to him, but because he cares so deeply about this community, his home. He was always busy doing things that no one else (including you) would ever take the time to do. So Mr. Ken Taylor, let me now share my "Opinion"... You are not the concerned tax payer you claim to be...YOU are a noise maker, a shit starter, a bully, and always quick to judge. You're so busy pointing fingers and finding fault in what you think others do wrong, you are being an obnoxious hypocrite who is blind to your own faults. So before you decide to climb on your self righteous high horse you best make sure you are totally perfect!! I know I will never get the last word with you, but before I sign off let me close with my favorite quote..."Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon!!"
duffer

jobs

Post by duffer »

ill just say that all the job posting out here are rigged and i can prove it, many of us have higher education and come with job qualifications that exceed any qualifications you can get here, its simple there is a lot more going on in the real world, it just sucks for those who could be doing more than what we haver ever had before. like all things some people excel at things better than others and have gained skills by being in a huge work force. tragic . do i think that the people they hired are not decent people,,,, thats besides the point, it has to do with qualifications. I know because i have many and get over looked by those who have few. I hope this eventually gets cleaned up, but i don't see how anyone posting on this thread has a lg to stand onâ?¦. the job was not posted once again showing cronisam as it has always been here. i love every one here but see huge faults in public direction or we would not have the problems we do, plain and simple.
duffy
duffer

and who

Post by duffer »

and who gives a shit who jimmy is/ maybe he dosent want his house burnt down by asking questions? come on folks I am happy with who they hired, just not happy with the process. if this place ever expects to grow we should ALL be worried about better jobs, usually when you are prosperous and so are your neighbors, everyone is happier, lets face it after 2008 work has been a scramble here, thus why so many people have left, school is dying, and so many places for sale,,,, and TAXES sheesh. personally we should be more concerned about are neighbors in these times but instead, like a tank of piranhas were eating at each other! I DONT think even JESUS want to return to a world fighting like this, he is probably all ready here and afraid ti show face. if we can't agree on issues concerning jobs etc at least be concerned about your neighbors, open hearts lead to open communication!
duffy
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

I said that I would get back on this thread once I had the information on the policy or protocol the township uses for posting vacant positions. I sadly report that St. James Township has no policy, procedure, protocol or any consistent practice for posting vacant positions. I say "sadly" because as a result of this absence I think everyone loses. They can do as they want with any and all vacancies. The Harbor Master's position was not posted but the transfer station position was posted. Again it is sad that under this lack of policy, the township can fill positions without any public notice to alert or consider possible interested candidates.
Again, let me emphasize that my concern is not about the WHO filled the Harbor Master's position but the larger and more important issue of HOW the township filled it.
Hopefully positive changes will come to the township with the election of a new board.
Kirk
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Kirk- I will only say one word to your statement "promotion"!!!
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Sheri -
I am 100% for "promotion", climbing the ladder or any other term for selecting the best candidate. Again, I am talking about the process used and not the person selected. What makes you think that your husband, who is well qualified, would not be selected if there was an open posting process?

"Democracy dies in the dark".
Kirk
stardust

I just do not get it

Post by stardust »

There are so many other issues on the island that need to be resolved that are so much more important then who got what or how. If the people on this forum put as much energy as they do in to topics like this, into changing how the POS township and HOA operate and work as a TEAM, think on just how peaceful and productive the island could be. You all just do not realize how good you have it.
JPike

Time to Grow Up

Post by JPike »

Write in for the ballot:

Hear ye, Hear ye.....The ballot of "Hindsight of 20/20" would like to present the solution to every, and all issues, from neither here, nor there!:

President/King:

Ken Taylor

VP/Queen:

Kirk McBride (With that name, it is only fitting)

"Our platform is here to only criticize....not to problem solve, nor to volunteer our services.....we will reside over Donegal Bay on our high horses to ensure that nay a miniscule detail, nor any detail, for that matter not be put under thy microscope.......nay, nor we ever offer our services in thine small community for the betterment.....nay, that thou be against doust creed."

Ken, I used to REALLY respect you as a human and as an Islander....I completely understand someone disagreeing with policy and procedures of a situation, but candidly, you have seemingly turned into a curmudgeon (sp) and someone who is UNWILLINGLY to put your money where your MOUTH is! Why don't you serve in one of these positions? These positions of authority aren't for people to live "High on the Hog"...they are to serve the community they love.....join the solution, not just the Town Crier......seriously, GROW THE F UP!
Jared Pike