Blood Drive on Beaver Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Connie Boyle

Blood Drive on Beaver Island

Post by Connie Boyle »

Rita Gillespie Memorial Blood Drive

Thursday, July 28, 2016
12:30 pm - 6:15 pm

Your donation can Save Up to 3 Lives!

Last year's blood drive was a success, thanks to all the people who donated blood and to the Red Cross who sent us extra nurses. Donors were taken at their scheduled time and were out the door in record time! We know your time is important and continue to work to make the process run smoothly.

Here is the link if you would like to schedule a time to donate:
http://www.redcrossblood.org/rcbmobile/ ... onTime.jsp

Something NEW this year:

Red Cross has Rapid Pass. You can go online (use a computer, it doesn't always work on a mobile device) and fill out all the health questions ahead of time, which will save you even more time the day you donate. You will need to fill it out that day - and be sure to print the Rapid Pass and bring it with you! Here is the link: http://www.redcrossblood.org/rapidpass

If you have any questions, need any help, or would like to make your appointment over the phone, just call one of the Blood Drive Coordinators:
Connie Wojan (231-448-2379)
Connie Boyle (231-448-2491)
Connie Boyle

There is a blood shortage in our area

Post by Connie Boyle »

This is a message we received from the Red Cross.

"Come out to donate blood to help with the extreme shortages that hospitals are experiencing. Each and every donation will make a difference in the life of someone in need! Sign up today, appointments recommended!

The need for blood is constant and only volunteer donors can fulfill that need for patients in our community. Nationwide, someone needs a unit of blood every 2 to 3 seconds and most of us will need blood in our lifetime.

Thank you for supporting the American Red Cross blood program"

!If you would like to help by donating blood on Beaver Island, go to the Gregg Fellowship Hall on Thursday, July 28 between 12:15 and 6:15. Walk-ins will be accepted, of course, but you can also call or go online to schedule your appointment. (see earlier post)

[/b]
robertg

Post by robertg »

Please donate ~ it only takes a few minutes, you know you're doing a good deed, and there's no substitute for blood. I didn't donate for years, thinking that my blood wouldn't be wanted because of the medications I take. Then I discovered that the Red Cross accepts donors who take many common meds. So, no excuses! Get on down to the Gregg this Thursday!
Rob Groesbeck
The ex-K-8th-grade Science Teacher