ATT OR VERIZON

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

frazray50

ATT OR VERIZON

Post by frazray50 »

Can anyone tell me which service works better on the island?
I'd appreciate any info.
Nancy
conanconnor

my 2 cents

Post by conanconnor »

i have att and wish i had Verizon. Verizon has much better service across the island. much wider range compared to att. eventually if att doesn't upgrade its range of accessibility I will be making the switch to verizon. my friends that have verizon are very pleased with its service on the island compared to att.
King Conan
Phyllis Moore

Post by Phyllis Moore »

Joe and I have Verizon and haven't had any problems. We switched from AT&T because they kept upping the bill every month. We're happy with the change.
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

We have ATT and it works at the house, in town and out to the golf course. We never went to the South end this past summer so not sure how far it works that direction. I much prefer ATT over Verizon but that is more personal.
Sharolyn Hunter
frazray50

Post by frazray50 »

Thank you all for the info on phones. I really appreciate your input!
Nancy
carolburton

Post by carolburton »

I believe ATT was here for several weeks upgrading the towers. I would give them a call and find out for sure if you can wait or don't want to go through the expense of changing providers. We have Verizon now and I have no complaints the service in or out of town.
burton
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

When someone has some spare bandwidth available, it would be interesting to run the RootMetrics app on a trip around the Island with both Verizon and AT&T to compare. (It does take some of your mobile bandwidth to run it while it's testing.) I only got a chance to graph a quick trip down the east side with an AT&T phone but other things came up before I got to graph much.

http://webcoveragemap.rootmetrics.com/us