Still no help in getting answers to the road fund problems

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

sbsp

Post by sbsp »

I know St. James Township has repeatedly been asked to hold a town hall public meeting to answer questions about the audit and finances. I believe they pledged to give the public summary updates on progress being made to correct the financial discrepancies. It appears they are continuing their old practices and ignoring the public concern.
Kirk
cindyr

Post by cindyr »

If Beaver Island were to become one township (which is probably inevitable, though I'm not in favor of it) and we were looking for one Supervisor to take good care of things, Kitty McNamara would have my vote hands down!
Cindy
AEW

Post by AEW »

I agree with Cindy. Kitty is another great example of a honorable and accountable public servant to the Island Community.
AE Wirth
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Kitty has been a refreshing addition to the St. James Township Board. Having been an administrator in the public sector, she understands the importance of good public relations combined with excellent communication skills and follow up. She knows how to be effective internally and externally when dealing with critical issues. We need more like her on the township board.
Kirk