All is not right with the St. James Township Road Fund

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

sbsp

Post by sbsp »

If true, does it mean the money is not there to repay the road fund or just a continuation of the township's financial incompetence?
Kirk
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

This could be the reason road projects on BI have been ignored.
Kirk
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

You could be up to speed if you watched all the videos of meetings on Joe Moore's website service. I find it extremely helpful to understand all that is happening. It is difficult to summarize nor would I presume to draw conclusions for anyone else.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Trish -
Thanks for your reply. I have not been on the Island recently and know that is no reason or excuse for my not being up to speed on what is happening with St. James Township. Glad to know that the road fund is now in order as well as the improvement project on Donegal Bay Road. Sounds like all is under control and going well. Good to know that business again is being handled properly by the township. I'll try to keep up to speed.
Kirk
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

OK,
I want in on all this insider talk...
which one of you is being factitious??
and/or is Ken Taylor merely out of line (touch)here?

.....and If we all would pay even more attention, then we would ....understand why and how State law is currently, and has been, followed, (as it should be), and all is in order??(??)
What am I missing?
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Ah, now I feel I'm coming up to speed. One addition to my learned friend's post above. Technically, I believe, there are suits (plural) pending. One naming a governmental body collectively and the other an individual. And, the same goes for me, "I am not involved, but following it closely" (as all taxpayers should).
Kirk
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Totally my bad for responding. Never again. And the word is facetious.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Trish -
I would echo Ken's comment on staying interested and involved. Joe Moore's website has been excellent for the Island and a means for off Islanders to stay involved. It has also made our leaders better and more diligent at their jobs. Unfortunately too many public decisions appear to continue to be made in the shadows and away from public view. Hopefully that will be coming to an end but only if we all stay vigilant and vocal. I hope you remain both.
Kirk
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

I blame my lack of spelling correctness on my pc spell check...
as I have a hard time even spelling Baever Island :-)

I, too, am grateful for Joe Moore's efforts and being a natural born "off islander" it is one of the ways I can keep in touch and up to date from great distances.
Here's hoping that all parties involved keep we taxpayers informed through transparency and regular updates.
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
AEW

Post by AEW »

All I got to say is that I have never seen a facetious or a factitious in person. But If I did I would be sure to have my picture taken next to it.

And on a side note I must say that all Americans need to demand openness, transparency and ACCOUNTABILITY from our elected and appointed officials. Whoever is responsible for this fiasco de jour needs to be held accountable for it. They need to refund any pay and benefits they received from the taxpayers during their time in office relating to this issue. They did NOT do what they were paid to do. The taxpayers did not screw up. The Township members did. They and they alone should personally pay out of their own pockets to right this wrong.
AE Wirth
AEW

Post by AEW »

I also think the elected/appointed officials who caused this crisis should chip in and buy the EMS a brand new vehicle for the ALS/paramedic. The old Dodge SUV is falling apart. It is the least they can do to make amends.
AE Wirth
A Belfy

Post by A Belfy »

Good Luck