Beads of Courage Bead Challenge 2015

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Beaver Island Jewelry

Beads of Courage Bead Challenge 2015

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

September 15, 2015 from 1-4 p.m. will be Beads of Courage Day here on Beaver Island. Beaver Island Jewelry will open their beadmaking studio for demonstrations and viewing at that time.

There will be glass beads that I made that people can choose to donate to the Beads of Courage organization with a $5 donation for each bead. Address is: 32040 E. Side Drive. The beads and money will be sent to the Beads of Courage organization who distribute the beads to various hospitals around the country.

Beads of Courage, Inc. is a 501(c) 3 tax-exempt organization dedicated to helping children with serious illness record, tell and own their stories of survival. Their website is at beadsofcourage.org

They have been working diligently to transform the treatment experience for children coping with chronic, life threatening illness through arts-in-medicine programs.

In 11 years since their inception, Beads of Courage organization has established programs in over 60 children's hospitals in the United States, New Zealand, Canada, the United Kingdom and Japan. Growth is evidence of the need for the type of support Beads of Courage provides for children coping with serious illness.

Thank you for your interest and support! You can also see more on my website - listed below. Let's have another good donation year from our little island in Lake Michigan!

Phone is 2205.

Nancy Peterson
Beaver Island Jewelry

Beads of Courage - Beaver Island Bead Challenge

To bring this to the forefront of the Forum:

Beads of Courage Bead Challenge Day is next Tuesday, 15 September from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at my studio at 32040 E. Side Drive/Serenity Now.

I make the glass beads and you pick out the beads you want to donate at $5 a bead. The beads and the money are then sent to the Beads of Courage organization in Arizona. They distribute to the hospitals in the program. It is a 501(c)(3) organization so your donations are tax deductible.

The children are given the beads to mark a point in their treatment. Some children have a few, sadly, others have long strings containing hundreds of beads.

Please donate if you can. We are trying to continue the tradition of care/giving by our little island in Lake Michigan!

Nancy Peterson
Beaver Island Jewelry

TODAY Beads of Courage Bead Challenge

Beads of Courage (www.beadsofcourage.org) is an organization that provides arts in medicine programs for children with serious illness. The children receive beads for coping with various operations and procedures. It helps them record, tell and own their story of courage.

Tuesday, September 15 on Beaver Island (32040 E. Side Dr/"Serenity Now") from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Nancy Peterson of Beaver Island Jewelry will be torching hot glass into colorful beads to donate to this cause.

You are invited to stop by and see how glass beads are made and if possible make a donation to this worthy cause. You can sponsor a bead for a child in treatment ($5) or make a donation to this 501(c)(3) organization. What you do is pick out a bead that I already made, donate your $5/bead and I will send to the Beads of Courage program headquarters in Arizona to be distributed to the hospitals in the program.

Thank you Beaver Island!

Nancy