ATT Microcell

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

BobTidmore

ATT Microcell

Post by BobTidmore »

I have ATT and have only 1 bar at best even tho we live about 1-mile from the tower. I purchased a ATT Microcell and now have great service. ATT has a sale on $150.00 with a $75.00 rebate. You can also purchase one on e-Bay but I recommend you don't do that. That's what I did and the unit was not delisted from the previous owners telephone number; numerous calls to ATT finally fixed it but it's a hassle.

You can order on-line and one number that works is 800-331-0500, you'll get Robbie the Robot (Forbidden Planet) to start but just keep pushing the zero key and you'll eventually get a real person and they will transfer you to another person who can take your order. If you are on the mainland you can also purchase one at a ATT store.

http://www.att.com/att/microcell/

Bob Tidmore
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

PS--forgot to mention it works by using your DSL service to find and link up with the nearest ATT cell tower. You plug it into your DSL server and it can take an hour and one-half to complete the set up.
E T

Post by E T »

I have had an AT & T microcell for over two years and it works great as long as TDS DSL is working.
Ed Troutman
38280 Beaver Drive
Beaver Island, Michigan 49782
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

If you complain loudly enough they will give you one!!
stardust

I use a verzion hot spot

Post by stardust »

My phone has a call over wifi feature, I use a Verizon hot spot no dsl needed