Bud Cruickshank RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marie LaFreniere

Bud Cruickshank RIP

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Bud Cruickshank passed away Monday at Grandview Nursing Home. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I know of no man who has traveled so far and seen so much and all without a driver's license. For many years Bud has been a Beaver Island institution with so many stories so fondly told. I will miss you good mate, may you be at peace as you sail gentle seas.
Skull&CrossBones
caram

Post by caram »

My condolences to Barb and the Cruickshank family.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Bud was as unique as Beaver Island itself. He will be remembered and missed by many. Our thoughts are with Barb and his family.

Kirk & Judy McBride
Kirk
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

Barb, Danny and Scott...
Your family introduced me to Beaver Island over forty years ago.. and whenever I pass your house in town or gaze upon those boat models that hung in the Beachcomber, I have always reflected about your Dad and what a wonderful life he created here on the island. Not only for Barb, Himself and all the boys, but for all those who were fortunate enough to know the man. He will be missed by all who knew him.
Our heartfelt condolences.

John and Sandra
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

There will be a viewing at the Cruickshank home from 3 to 7 on Tuesday the 7th. The family invites you to come say goodbye to Bud.
Marie LaFreniere

From Barb Cruikshank and Chris Heikka:

Visitation: At the house, Tuesday from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

Funeral: Episcopal Church, Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. with Burial immediately following.

The family invites everyone to the house immediately following the Burial for a Luncheon.
Dick and Amy

Post by Dick and Amy »

Another find friend has left us, may God confort the family in this time of loss.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Marie LaFreniere wrote:From Barb Cruikshank and Chris Heikka:

Visitation: At the house, Tuesday from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.

Funeral: Episcopal Church, Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. with Burial immediately following.

The family invites everyone to the house immediately following the Burial for a Luncheon.
Well, I got my info from Dan....😊 blessings either way!!
Marie LaFreniere

William â??Budâ?￾ Cruickshank, 87, of Beaver Island, died Monday, June 29, 2015, at Grandvue medical Care Facility in East Jordan. He was born February 25, 1928, in Port Huron to Arthur and Mary M. (Willey) Cruickshank. He graduated from Port Huron High School in 1946, and earned a Bachelor's degree from Wayne State University.

Bud served in the US Navy during WWII during the Korean War.

He worked for General Motors retiring in 1984. Following retirement he made his home on Beaver Island.

On September 9, 1950, William married Barbara Milller in Port Huron and she survives. Bud is also survived by his sons, Dan of Grand Rapids, and Scott (Patricia) of Hesperia; daughter-n-law, Deborah of Royal Oak; five grandchildren; four great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his sons, William Jr., Grant, and Brian.

The wake will be Tuesday at Bud's home. Funeral will be 1pm, Wednesday, July 8, at the Beaver Island Episcopal Church, Pastor Howard Davis officiating. Burial will take place at the Beaver Island Cemetery where military honors will be conducted by the Beaver Island AMVETS.

The Winchester Funeral Home in Charlevoix is serving the family.
Marie LaFreniere

Bud is on the 1st boat this arriving on the Island at approxiatemly10:45.